d
a
g
j
studyboy33 studyboy33
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient has a disorder which causes progressive, severe muscle pain and weakness, and she has curtailed physical and social activities to accommodate her condition. She tells the nurse I cannot do anything.

I have to depend on other people to help me. I do not enjoy much of anything anymore; even food does not taste good. I cannot see that my situation will change, so I feel pretty hopeless.. The priority action the nurse should take is to: a. point out that there is always room for hope.
  b. discuss the importance of physical exercise.
  c. inquire about her support system and coping plans.
  d. assess for signs depression and risk for suicide.
Read 75 times
1 Reply