j
l
d
y
popbut popbut
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient tells the nurse, When I'm in the day room, I hear people whispering about me, and that makes me want to punch them. What direction will the nurse provide the staff regarding interacting with this patient?

a. To minimize the need to whisper, utilize nonverbal techniques when possible.
  b. Stay physically close to this patient and use touch as a tool to interact with him.
  c. Treat this patient matter-of-factly. Be direct; don't talk about him or others in his presence.
  d. Interact with this patient only when necessary. The fewer interactions, the fewer misinterpretations there will be.
Read 55 times
1 Reply