m
p
m
f
Flaca732 Flaca732
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An adult patient tells the case manager, I don't have bipolar disorder anymore, so I don't need medicine. After I was in the hospital last year, you helped me get an apartment and disability checks. Now I'm bored and don't have any friends.

Where should the nurse refer the patient? Select all that apply.

a. Psychoeducation classes
  b. Vocational rehabilitation
  c. Social skills training
  d. Homeless shelter
  e. Crisis intervention
Read 30 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
ANS: A, B, C
The patient does not understand the illness and the need for adhering to the medication regimen. Psychoeducation for the patient (and family) can address this lack of knowledge. Work gives meaning and purpose to life; vocational rehabilitation can assist with this aspect of care. The patient, who considers himself friendless, could also profit from social skills training to improve the quality of interpersonal relationships. Many patients with severe mental illness have such poor communication skills that others are uncomfortable interacting with them. Interactional skills can be effectively taught by breaking down the skill into small verbal and nonverbal components. The patient presently has a home and does not require the services of a homeless shelter. The nurse case manager functions in the role of crisis stabilizer, so no related referral is needed.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  916 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?