t
i
r
r
Biostudent510 Biostudent510
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Draw a two-intron eukaryotic gene of DNA and its pre-mRNA and mRNA products. Be sure to include the promoter, transcription start site, transcription termination site, untranslated regions, labeled 5′ and 3′ ends of DNA and pre-mRNA and mRNA, introns (at least two) and exons (at least two), and the processing events required to produce the mRNA.

How do I even start this?
Do I just do a simple line drawing of this? I know what like a simple gene structure would look like, but I have no idea how to incorporate the processes. Has anyone ever drawn something like this?

Would appreciate any assistance! Thank you!
Read 398 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
HI

Yes, you'll need to make something like what's shown below, but include introns with the green area.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Biostudent510 Author
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, Biostudent510
What would that even look like though? Like just draw two boxes that say intron? Or is it a lot more complicated than that?
Post Merge: 10 years ago

Still not sure how to draw the processes Frowning Face
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
What would that even look like though? Like just draw two boxes that say intron? Or is it a lot more complicated than that?

Ya, exactly. Separate the green section it into four parts, make two introns, the other two exons.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1328 People Browsing
 124 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328