× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
fanaan fanaan
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Wild type, or wt, refers to the genotype that is the typical genotype found in nature. Now read that again. Once more. Now answer.
Answer
  • True
     False

I PCR out a mutated gene in a patient with nana chorea (the inability to dance in a coordinated fashion) and I compare it to another patient with that same disease phenotype. One subject had a mutation on chromosome 4, and the other subject couldn't rock it because of a mutation on chromosome 5. This is an exampe of
  • ·         pleitropy
    ·         locus heterogeneity
    ·         allelic heterogeneity
    ·         dominant negative mutation
    ·         penetrance

In his experiments, Mendel noted that when two traits are involved in a genetic cross, they are inherited independently of each other. Though Mendel didn't know about chromosomes, this still holds true (mostly) because
  • ·         genes on the same chromosome are often mixed through meiotic crossover during the formation of gametes.
    ·         variant alleles of the same gene do not interfere with the phenotypic expression of the gentoype in different genetic loci.
    ·         most higher organisms are diploid, making only two alleles available for every genetic locus, and there is a 50/50 chance of geting either allele from a single parent.
    ·         expression of phenotypes can vary from the genotypes because of encironmantal influences.
    ·         chromosomes often recombine

Anticipation is caused by a mutation that increases in expressivity over subsequent generations.
    Answer
    ·         
  • True
·          False

I have a genotype that should produce a specific phenotype, but some of the individuals with the genotype do not demonstrate any evidence of the phenotype. I would consider this an example of

·         allelic heterogeneity.
·         locus heterogeneity.
·         penetrance.
·         expressitivity.
·         sheer luck.

Which of the following does not occur during the PCR reactions?

Answer
  • ·         Changes in the reaction temperature by a thermocycler
·         Denaturation at high temperatures
·        Synthesis of oligonucleotide primers
·         Extension of primers by DNA polymerase
        Annealing of oligonucleotide primers

Read 280 times
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1212 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274