k
m
c
o
Mroche Mroche
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Who are the stakeholders involved and what are their interests?
Read 47 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
The discussion of stakeholders and their interests produces the expected list except that usually neither Jack, the technician who discovered the potential problem and who is most concerned with the impact of sonox, and the unborn, are mentioned. I usually have to probe for these, and sometimes I let the discussion proceed until the quality of debate at the board level comes up before asking who is going to raise their issues and argue for their interests. A satisfactory decision is unlikely unless they are recognized as stakeholders and their interests taken into account. You can delve into the issue of whether mothers can adequately represent the unborn or not, but remember that mothers may suffer from conflicts of interest in regard to the perceived short-term need for jobs for their families, etc.
Similarly, the issue of whether the environment should be accorded status as a stakeholder in its own right, or simply as an extension of known human needs, is an interesting one. Pointing to the 1992 movie Medicine Man in which Sean Connery was trying to find a cure for the cancer in the Brazilian rain forest, but was prevented from doing so by efforts to clear for grazing cattle, is helpful here.
Mroche Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Feel extremely confident now
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  734 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 432