× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Mserna19 Mserna19
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A diabetic client presents to a clinic for routine visit. Blood work reveals a HbA1C of 11.0 (high)? Which response by the patient may account for this abnormal lab result?

A) I've had more periods of hypoglycemia than usual over the past few months.
  B) I've been doing great. I haven't needed much insulin coverage before meals.
  C) To tell you the truth, my blood glucose levels have been pretty normal for me.
  D) My meter broke so I have not been checking my blood glucose levels for a while.
Read 31 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Ans: D
Glycosylated hemoglobin is hemoglobin into which glucose has been irreversibly incorporated. Because glucose entry into the red blood cell is not insulin dependent, the rate at which glucose becomes attached to the hemoglobin molecule depends on blood glucose; the level is an index of blood glucose levels over the previous 6 to 12 weeks. If the diabetic client is not monitoring his or her blood glucose, he or she could be having more periods of hyperglycemia and just is not aware of the need for insulin coverage.
Mserna19 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Passing because of you
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1132 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?