t
S
m
s
js0413953 js0413953
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Hello everyone this is my first time learning about Astronomy. It seems neat so far but is there anything I should know or learn to help me get a good grade? Thanks everyone!!!  Grinning Face Grinning Face Grinning Face
Read 2516 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Make sure you read your textbook as that is where you will be able to understand most topics.  Also, pay attention in class and try to study as much as you can to understand the topics.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
It seems neat so far but is there anything I should know or learn to help me get a good grade?

I took it years ago. It can be quite overwhelming at first, especially if you're taking it as an elective or if you're not a science person. The best thing you can do to succeed is to study and memorize all the facts found in the slides uploaded by your process. Remembering all the facts in your textbook will be impossible, since the textbook is hamburger-thick lol. Whenever you have an assignment, simply post the questions here and we'll help you in the process.
wrote...
12 years ago
Fascination often makes hard things easy. If Astronomy really your "thing," don't stress out about it. It took me a long time to change my attitude about math, which is fascinating to me now, just don't make me take a math calculus or linear algebra (matrices) test.

Life isn't supposed to be easy. No one "owes" you an easy life.
wrote...
12 years ago
Astronomy for non-science majors will be mostly concepts.

Astronomy for science majors will have a lot of math. You should know calculus before you take this class.

These two classes differ from each other greatly.

Which one are you taking?
wrote...
12 years ago
If you're using the Mastering Astronomy text, ensure you do attend class, the book itself is kind of dry and I found it kind of dull
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  966 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?