t
m
p
m
efj442 efj442
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
3 years ago
Hi I have three questions relating to my religion course (Christianity)
What does Baptismal vocation mean?
How do you live a virtuous life?
What do the words contemporary mean?
Read 108 times
11 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
What does Baptismal vocation mean?

This is a calling for us to live a life of Christian values, to use our talents towards a meaningful job, a life of volunteer work, service to the church, and missionary activity.

How do you live a virtuous life?

A virtuous person is someone who consistently chooses the right acts for the right motives. To live a virtuous life, you must engage in virtuous actions, such as include telling the truth, keeping promises, being fair, and respecting others".

What do the words contemporary mean?

In reference to what?
efj442 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
the definition of contemporary and how it is represented in church/Christianity. And thank you for answering
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I think it's like a modern way of worshiping. For example, masses include musical instruments and style of songs that were not traditionally used in worship. When contemporary worship is practiced in churches with a liturgical tradition, elements of the liturgy are frequently kept to a minimum.

Other than that, I don't know what it means...
efj442 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
how about the definition itself?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
"Contemporary Christianity is a modern way of worshiping as a Christian. It involves modification to the tradition methods of worship, including the types of musical instruments used during mass, style of songs, and changes to the congregation that are traditionally not used in most sects of Christianity. When contemporary worship is practiced in churches with a liturgical tradition, elements of the liturgy are frequently kept to a minimum."
efj442 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Yes, but without talking about Christianity, like what does contemporary mean? I don't really know how to explain it in a short paragraph.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
belonging to or occurring in the present

Anything that exists or happens in the same time period...
efj442 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
How do I explain that with more detail, like in a paragraph?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Not sure... without putting it into context, such as "contemporary christianity" or "contemporary jazz" or "contemporary whatever", I can't write a paragraph on the meaning of a word.

Do you see what I mean?
efj442 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
yeah thats fine i will just write contemporary Christianity as an example.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
yeah thats fine i will just write contemporary Christianity as an example.

I think that's what they're hinting at, start with what contemporary means (definition provided), then provide the one about Christianity... done and done
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  967 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292