a
t
i
r
Hewwo Hewwo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse is caring for a family with apparent language barrier. The nurse is preparing to discharge the patient who has been recently started on insulin and just learning to administer the medication and follow the dietary regime.

Which of the following statements by the nurse reflects an understanding of communication in this context?
  1. I know this is a great deal of information to learn as you prepare for Mr. H to return home. If it's okay with you, I will come back later and we can review the information again.
  2. You probably have many questions. But they will get answered as you read these materials.
  3. Families have different ways of approaching the chronic disease of diabetes, but it is important for your family to understand the right way to approach this disease.
  4. I know it is difficult for Mr. H to accept this diagnosis, but it needs to be his disease to manage, rather than depend on you as his family.
Read 32 times
1 Reply