j
b
c
Theresa3687 Theresa3687
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
using this scenario:
Anxiously-attached individuals in the general population tend to have low levels of satisfaction in their romantic relationships (μ = 10, σ = 5, positively skewed distribution, cutoff score +1.96). A therapist interested in increasing relationship satisfaction provides a week-long relaxation seminar to 11 anxious individuals. After completing the seminar, relationship satisfaction in the sample averages 12.

Answer the 3 question

1)Rejecting the null hypothesis when the research hypothesis is false is
A) power.  
B) a Type I error.
C) effect size.
D) a Type II error.

2)Failing to reject the null hypothesis when the research hypothesis is true is
A) effect size.
B) a Type II error.
C) a Type I error.
D) power.

3) A child psychologist conducts a study to test whether infants born prematurely begin to walk earlier than do infants in general. Which of the following scenarios represents a Type I error?
A) The psychologist concludes that premature infants do walk earlier than infants in general when the true situation is that they actually do.
B) The psychologist concludes that premature infants do walk earlier than infants in general when the true situation is that they actually do not.
C) The psychologist concludes that premature infants do not walk earlier than infants in general when the true situation is that they actually do not.
D) The psychologist concludes that premature infants do not walk earlier than infants in general when the true situation is that they actually do.
Read 2244 times
2 Replies