a
t
i
r
thosette thosette
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
After a long career in pharmaceutical sales, Leslie felt it was time for a change. Because she felt burned out and wanted to shift to a more personally meaningful career, she sought additional education and achieved the Certified Professional Coder certification in the medical billing and coding field. However, she found the right education wasnt enough to land a job in her new career direction.
  So she looked for assistance in writing her resume. She says having assistance helped her identify my key skills and abilities and write my skills to fit the requirements of the job as well as write my accomplishments and how they will benefit a prospective employer. Talking to an expert helped her gain an objective outside perspective and display her history in an engaging way to prospective employers.
  After revising her resume, she received compliments from interviewers on her resume, including that her resume was easy to read and understand. She also felt her resume grabbed your attention.
  She also used LinkedIn during her job search and used her resume to create her profile. I updated my entire profile for the job search, she said. She also went one step further to build her credibility and asked for recommendations. My old manager wrote me a recommendation as well as a former client.
  The best piece of advice Leslie received about resumes is to keep it simple and remember its a sales tool to sell yourself. Leslie finally landed a job in the medical billing department at a local hospital and feels one huge step closer to having a meaningful career.

How can getting assistance to write your resume help you?
  What are some best practices for using LinkedIn in your Job Search Journey?
Read 67 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
EMAEMA
wrote...
Top Poster
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free