s
d
c
r
e
dontask dontask
wrote...
12 years ago
Jason had an accident that damaged part of his brain. After the accident he could function well but could not form new memories, as sensory information could not be relayed for storage. What was likely damaged in the accident?

A. Thalamus. 

B. Cerebellum. 

C. Medulla. 

D. Hypothalamus. 

E. Meninges.
Read 1768 times
8 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science

Related Topics

dontask Author
wrote...
12 years ago
okay, thanks.
wrote...
12 years ago
Duddy,
You said long term memories, but from how I am interpreting the question it says for "new" memories, so wouldnt that be short term memories? Gahhhhh I've been at this final for 3 hours now and every part of my brain cant remember anything lol!
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Duddy,
You said long term memories, but from how I am interpreting the question it says for "new" memories, so wouldnt that be short term memories? Gahhhhh I've been at this final for 3 hours now and every part of my brain cant remember anything lol!

Hi, are you writing your exam right now?
wrote...
12 years ago
Yes :/ I have until tomorrow night to finish it but wanted to knock out as much as I could now because I still have a Chem final to do. Its gonna be a really long weekend I do believe.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Yes :/ I have until tomorrow night to finish it but wanted to knock out as much as I could now because I still have a Chem final to do. Its gonna be a really long weekend I do believe.

I see, let me know if you need help with some questions. We can tackle them together.
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks! I'm trying to do them as much as I can myself. Chem is probably going to be the killer one for me. That one is timed, thankfully the bio one isn't so I can take short breaks to let my brain breathe. I've been on this one for 10 minutes I think I'm zoning off too much to focus, maybe its an obvious answer:

Gabriella is studying the sensory responses of hibernating bears. Which of the following would she classify as a “special” sense?

A. Reaction to a noxious odor.   

B. Limb movement away from a pin prick.   

C. Limb movement in response to pressure on the skin.   

D. Shivering in response to a drop in temperature.   

E. Limb movement away from a hot probe.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
I believe it's (A), reaction to a noxious odor.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1194 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 484