× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
shannerellyce shannerellyce
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago

Describe the mechanism of steroid hormone action and provide an example hormone and its function. (B) Describe the mechanism of non?steroid hormone action and provide an example and its function. (C) Which hormone type – steroid or non?steroid – would be best suited for a faster, larger?scale, but quickly declining response and why?

In the presence of elevated blood glucose concentrations, the pancreas secretes insulin that stimulates cells to take up glucose from the blood. Patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) can display normal or elevated insulin concentrations yet have elevated blood glucose, as if indicating an insulin shortage. How is it possible to have normal hormone concentrations in the blood yet have symptoms indicating a shortage of that hormone?

(A) List three pairs of hormones, such that each pair contains hormones with effects that are antagonistic to one another. (B) Choose one pair and describe the broad?scope physiological system that those two antagonistic hormones influence. Describe the broad?scope function of the system, the role of each hormone, and the major endocrine glands that participate in the system.
Read 818 times
2 Replies