a
t
i
r
vanpac vanpac
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Explain why the sympathetic division of the ANS has more widespread and longer-lasting effects than the parasympathetic division.

What will be an ideal response

(Question 2) Which of the following situations could result in maternal antibodies attacking fetal blood cells during a second pregnancy?

a) Mom is Rh negative and fetus is Rh negative
  b) Mom is Rh negative and fetus is Rh positive
  c) Mom is Rh positive and fetus is Rh negative
  d) Mom is Rh positive and fetus is Rh positive.

(Question 3) Which of the following structures passes through the opening labeled 2 in the diagram?

a) internal carotid artery
  b) mental nerve
  c) cranial nerve XI (accessory)
  d) branch of the occipital artery
  e) cranial nerve VII (facial)

(Question 4) Which of the following characteristics of blood depends mostly on the ratio of RBCs to plasma volume?

a) total blood volume
  b) blood viscosity
  c) venous return
  d) clotting time
  e) immunoglobulin profile

(Question 5) Which of the following is a degenerative joint disease in which joint cartilage is gradually lost due to a combination of aging, obesity, wear and abrasion of the joints?

a) gouty arthritis
  b) Lyme disease
  c) bursitis
  d) osteoarthritis
  e) synovitis

(Question 6) Briefly describe why cardiac tissue cannot repair itself after damage?

What will be an ideal response

(Question 7) Identify the choroid.

a) F
  b) E
  c) D
  d) G
  e) H

(Question 8) Which hormone stimulates Leydig cells to secrete testosterone?

a) GnRH
  b) LH
  c) Inhibin
  d) DHT
  e) None of these choices

(Question 9) Which of the labeled structures in the diagram is the thalamus?

a) A
  b) B
  c) C
  d) D
  e) E

(Question 10) Which of the labeled endocrine glands secretes steroid hormones in response to long-term stress?

a) D
  b) G
  c) H
  d) I
  e) F
Read 89 times
2 Replies