e
s
s
e
FriesNGravey FriesNGravey
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, FriesNGravey
3. One in 12,000 babies are born with PKU. This disease is inherited in Mendelian fashion and individuals who are homozygous recessive (pp) have the disease. For their entire lives people with PKU must eat a special diet.

Calculate:

a. The frequency of the recessive allele in the population.

b. The frequency of the dominant allele in the population.

c. The percentage of heterozygous individuals (carriers) in the population.

4. A species of beetles has a two-allele, incomplete dominance system for determining antenna length. AA individuals have short antennae; Aa intermediate, and aa long antennae. In a population of these beetles, 200 have short antennae, 75 have intermediate length, and 25 have long antennae. What are the allelic frequencies of this population (i.e., what are p and q)? is it in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?

5. Albinism is a rare genetically inherited trait that is expressed in homozygous recessive individuals (aa). The most characteristic symptom is a marked deficiency in the skin and hair pigment melanin. This condition can occur among any human group as well as among animals. The average human frequency of albinism in North America is only about 1 to 20,000.

a. What percentage of N.Americans are carriers for albinism?
Post Merge: 9 years ago

JUST WITH 4 and 5 sorry!
Read 889 times
2 Replies