m
p
m
f
755872 755872
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
3 years ago
Q3 Nadia Lee has just been recruited as the Yorkshire Stores Assistant Controller. The business is a specialty chain store focused on one metropolitan area with 9 retail stores. Among other things, the payment of all invoices is centralized in one of the departments Nadia will manage. Her primary responsibility is to maintain the company's high credit rating by paying all bills when due. Nadia is instructed in her new duties by Bob Ray, the former Assistant Controller, who was promoted to Controller. He instructs Nadia on the last day of the credit period to continue the practice of planning all the cheques and dating the cheques. "But," Bob continues, "we always hold the cheques at least 4 days beyond the due date before mailing them. That way we get another 4 days of interest on our money. Most of our creditors need our business and don't complain. And, if they scream about our payment being late, we blame it on the mail room or the post office. I think everybody does it. By the way, welcome to our team!"
a) what are the ethical considerations in this case?
b) who are the stakeholders that are harmed or benefited in this situation?
c) should Nadia continue the practice started by Bob? Does she have any choice?
Read 120 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 280 words.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science