× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
Silvertxpia Silvertxpia
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
When the Drger Babylog 8000+ is used in the pressure support mode, the patient's peak inspir-atory flow is 30 L/min. At what flow rate will the ventilator cycle to expiration?

a. 3.0 L/min c. 6.0 L/min
  b. 4.5 L/min d. 7.0 L/min

Q. 2  On a Drger Babylog 8000, which of the following variables can trigger mandatory breaths in the synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation mode?

a. Volume and flow c. Time and volume
  b. Pressure and flow d. Pressure and time

Q. 3  On the CareFusion V.I.P. Bird Gold Infant Ventilator, the control that ends a pressure support breath in case of a leak also does which of the following to the breath?

a. Flow-cycle c. Volume-cycle
  b. Time-cycle d. Pressure-cycle

Q. 4  When volume-assured pressure support is selected in the synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation/continuous positive airway pressure/pressure support setting on the CareFusion V.I.P. Bird Gold Infant Ventilator,

mandatory breaths are classified as which of the following?
  a. Pressure-controlled, time-cycled
  b. Volume-controlled, flow-cycled
  c. Pressure-controlled, volume-guaranteed
  d. Volume-controlled, pressure-guaranteed

Q. 5  A pediatric patient is being ventilated with a CareFusion V.I.P. Bird Gold Infant/Pediatric Ven-tilator in the assist/control volume mode with appropriately set trigger sensitivity.

Physical assessment of the patient reveals the use of accessory muscles during patient triggering. What is the most appropriate action?
  a. Turn the sensitivity off.
  b. Switch to another ventilator.
  c. Turn the leak compensation off.
  d. Remove the source of the airway leak.

Q. 6  Which of the following ventilatory modes is available only on the CareFusion V.I.P. Bird Gold Infant Ventilator and not on the other V.I.P. Infant ventilators?

a. Time-cycled, pressure-limited
  b. Volume-assured pressure support
  c. Assist/control volume-cycled
  d. Synchronized intermittent mandatory ven-tilation/continuous positive airway pres-sure volume-cycled

Q. 7  The bias flow for the CareFusion V.I.P. Gold Ventilator when the Pediatric Smart Flow Sensor is in use is _____ L/min.

a. 3 c. 5
  b. 4 d. 6

Q. 8  The bias flow for the CareFusion V.I.P. Gold Ventilator when the Infant Smart Flow Sensor is in use is ____ L/min.

a. 2 c. 4
  b. 3 d. 5
Read 28 times
2 Replies