a
t
i
r
nini07 nini07
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Does anyone know if the: Buffers, respiratory, and cardiac systems regulate the blood ph??
Read 22052 times
5 Replies
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
13 years ago
Hi Waving Hand Sign

There are two systems in the body that regulate blood pH

The first one involves our lungs via pulmonary ventilation. Here, the pH is proportional to [CO2]. The second system is the kidneys via the regulation of H+/HCO3- in cells of the collecting duct (nephron). In the kidneys, pH is proportional to [HCO3-]. During acidosis, there is a secretion of H+ ions and during alkalosis, there is a reabsorption of H+ ions. There is also the urinary buffer system, where you have bicarbonate in the urine, phosphate in the urine, and deamination and the ammonium ion (NH4+).
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
The question is exactly like this: The nurse is reviewing a client's blood ph level. which of the systems in the body regulate blood Ph? select all that apply
A.buffers
b.respiratory
c.renal
d.cardiac
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
A, B, C... Slight Smile

"Cardiac" is very off because are they referring to the heart or to the circulating blood?

Duddz
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
The answer key says a,b,d.... I think its wrong though.... im sure it is a.b.c thanks
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
A, B, C... Slight Smile

"Cardiac" is very off because are they referring to the heart or to the circulating blood?

Duddz

I agree too.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1288 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?