s
a
t
i
r
Johnwayne Johnwayne
wrote...
6 years ago
Christopher is the owner of Christopher's Typing and Legal Services. Sophia goes to Christopher and says I have to file bankruptcy because my house went into foreclosure. Where should I start? Christopher takes Sophia to a wall filled with clear boxes of forms and says Pick the form that you want to use. When Sophia starts to pull the Chapter 11 form out of the box, Christopher shakes his head very slightly. Sophia puts the form back. Then she reaches for the Chapter 7 form and glances sideways at Christopher. He smiles. Christopher

A) could not have committed UPL because he hasn't said anything.
  B) could not have committed UPL because he has not applied his knowledge of the law to Sophia's fact pattern and given her the answer verbally
  C) committed UPL when he indicated to Sophia that she should not use the Chapter 11 form.
  D) committed UPL the minute Sophia walked into his place of business.

Q. #2

While researching background information on a client, Paralegal Hudson discovers that the client was once investigated by the state Fair Political Practices Commission for improperly large contributions to Congressman X's political campaign committee. As Hudson's roommate is a big fan of Congressman X, Hudson texts his roommate: U'l neva ges wht i fnd out bout Congr. X

A) has violated his duty of confidentiality by insinuating that he knows something improper about the Congressman.
  B) has not yet violated his duty of confidentiality to his client but will if he tells his roommate about what he found out during the background check.
  C) cannot violate his duty of confidentiality with this information because the information he found is public record anyway.
  D) has not violated his duty of confidentiality because no one could understand the text message anyway.

Q. #3

Which state passed the first safety and health legislation?

A) Washington, D.C.
  B) California
  C) Michigan
  D) Massachusetts

Q. #4

Polly Paralegal is retiring from her prestigious position with the Cochran Law Firm. During her time as a paralegal, Polly worked on some extraordinary cases including the defense of O.J. Simpson. Polly's thinking about writing a novel about her experience on that case. Before writing such a book, Polly should

A) not worry about any of these issues because several books have already been written on this case.
  B) get permission from her law firm because it is possible that Polly will divulge confidential information in her book.
  C) get permission from the district attorney's office because she will probably say some unkind (but true) things regarding the competence of the prosecution of this case.
  D) get permission from the client because it is probable that Polly will divulge confidential information in her book.

Q. #5

Christopher is the owner of Christopher's Typing and Legal Services. Sophia goes to Christopher and says I have to file bankruptcy because my house went into foreclosure. Where should I start? Christopher replies If you pick out the form and fill it out, I will type it for you for 25.00. You don't have to have it typed. You can just buy the form for 5.00, fill it out in pen and file it yourself. Christopher

A) commits UPL when he tells Sophia to pick out a form.
  B) has not yet committed UPL in this hypothetical.
  C) commits UPL when he tells Sophia that the form does not have to be typed because court procedure is legal advice
  D) commits UPL if he sells a form to Sophia.

Q. #6

Ethan Lawyer is in a hurry today (just like every day.) As he is running out the door to a hearing, he says to Isabella Paralegal Call Ms. Client and tell her that she should not pay the tax penalty because IRS Code 502 says she doesn't have to. Later that day, Isabella calls Ms. Client and says Ms. Client? This is Isabella at Ethan Lawyer's office. I'm calling to say that you should not pay the tax penalty. IRS Code 502 says that you don't have to. Isabella

A) did not commit an act of misrepresentation so long as she has introduced herself before to Ms. Client
  B) did not commit an act of misrepresentation if she called Ms. Client on her own time, not work time.
  C) committed an act of misrepresentation only if she was speaking to an answer machine, not Ms. Client.
  D) committed an act of misrepresentation when she did not identify herself as a paralegal.
Read 599 times
7 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
carine13carine13
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free