f
a
d
c
noyabusiness noyabusiness
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
After teaching a client who has diverticulitis, a nurse assesses the client's understanding. Which statement made by the client indicates a need for additional teaching?

a. I'll ride my bike or take a long walk at least three times a week.
  b. I must try to include at least 25 grams of fiber in my diet every day.
  c. I will take a laxative nightly at bedtime to avoid becoming constipated.
  d. I should use my legs rather than my back muscles when I lift heavy objects.

Question 2

A nurse reviews the chart of a client who has Crohn's disease and a draining fistula. Which documentation should alert the nurse to urgently contact the provider for additional prescriptions?

a. Serum potassium of 2.6 mEq/L
  b. Client ate 20 of breakfast meal
  c. White blood cell count of 8200/mm3
  d. Client's weight decreased by 3 pounds

Question 3

A nurse assesses a client who has ulcerative colitis and severe diarrhea. Which assessment should the nurse complete first?

a. Inspection of oral mucosa
  b. Recent dietary intake
  c. Heart rate and rhythm
  d. Percussion of abdomen

Question 4

A nurse cares for a client who is prescribed mesalamine (Asacol) for ulcerative colitis. The client states, I am having trouble swallowing this pill. Which action should the nurse take?

a. Contact the clinical pharmacist and request the medication in suspension form.
  b. Empty the contents of the capsule into applesauce or pudding for administration.
  c. Ask the health care provider to prescribe the medication as an enema instead.
  d. Crush the pill carefully and administer it in applesauce or pudding.

Question 5

A nurse assesses a client with Crohn's disease and colonic strictures. Which clinical manifestation should alert the nurse to urgently contact the health care provider?

a. Distended abdomen
  b. Temperature of 100.0  F (37.8  C)
  c. Loose and bloody stool
  d. Lower abdominal cramps

Question 6

After teaching a client who is prescribed adalimumab (Humira) for severe ulcerative colitis, the nurse assesses the client's understanding. Which statement made by the client indicates a need for additional teaching?

a. I will avoid large crowds and people who are sick.
  b. I will take this medication with my breakfast each morning.
  c. Nausea and vomiting are common side effects of this drug.
  d. I must wash my hands after I play with my dog.

Question 7

After teaching a client with perineal excoriation caused by diarrhea from acute gastroenteritis, a nurse assesses the client's understanding. Which statement by the client indicates a need for additional teaching?

a. I'll rinse my rectal area with warm water after each stool and apply zinc oxide ointment.
  b. I will clean my rectal area thoroughly with toilet paper after each stool and then apply aloe vera gel.
  c. I must take a sitz bath three times a day and then pat my rectal area gently but thoroughly to make sure I am dry.
  d. I shall clean my rectal area with a soft cotton washcloth and then apply vitamin A and D ointment.
Read 41 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
jazzyjj1998jazzyjj1998
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 600 words.