H
a
c
k
letsdothis545 letsdothis545
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Attribution theory tries to explain the ways in which we judge people differently, depending on the meaning we attribute to a given behavior.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

Johanna Springer, who works as a sales executive at Pascal's Bank, is upset at the way her manager, Emma Womack, always calls her in for one-on-one meetings to discuss her underperformance.

Though Springer makes a higher number of sales calls and works longer hours than last year, her sales figures are still low. She knows that the main reason behind her underperformance is the recent economic meltdown in the country. However, her manager feels that Springer's underperformance is the result of her laid-back attitude and has nothing to do with external factors. In this situation, Womack's behavior is characterized by a(n) ________.
  A) anchoring bias
  B) contrast effect
  C) fundamental attribution error
  D) self-fulfilling prophecy
  E) Pygmalion effect

Question 3

According to the attribution theory, if a behavior scores high on consensus and distinctiveness, we tend to consider it as an internally caused behavior.

Question 4

The tendency for individuals to attribute their own successes to internal factors and put the blame for failures on external factors is known as the confirmation bias.

Question 5

Laura Simpson, a campaign manager at a child rights organization in Jakarta, planned a marathon for celebrities to raise money for underprivileged children.

Though all arrangements for the event had been made, a few days before the event she realized that on the same day there was a political rally happening in the city which would block access to the route on which the marathon was supposed to be undertaken. In such a situation, what is Simpson, who suffers from a self-serving bias, most likely to say?
  A) I did not do sufficient research on public events in the city.
  B) My colleagues did not inform me about the rally.
  C) The director had warned me of this. I should have known better.
  D) I should have weighed feasibility options for the event.
  E) I should have established better contacts to know about this update.

Question 6

________ bias indicates the tendency of an individual to attribute his or her own successes to internal factors while putting the blame for failures on external factors.

A) Status quo
  B) Self-serving
  C) Distinction
  D) Congruence
  E) Anchoring

Question 7

According to attribution theory, the more consistent a behavior, the more we are inclined to attribute it to external causes.

Question 8

If a person responds to a particular situation in the same way over a long time period, then the attribution theory states that the behavior demonstrates ________.

A) distinctiveness
  B) consensus
  C) consistency
  D) discontinuity
  E) traceability
Read 81 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
mcgee2mcgee2
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 500 words.