s
a
t
i
r
MaargarytaSiz MaargarytaSiz
wrote...
6 years ago
Identify two things about a clients high school years that would likely be explored in gender inquiry.

(1)
  (2)

Q. 2

Identify three things about a clients puberty that would likely be explored in gender inquiry.

(1)
  (2)
  (3)

Q. 3

Identify three things about a clients childhood that would likely be explored in gender inquiry.

(1)
  (2)
  (3)

Q. 4

List the five categories of questions conceptualized by Philpot, Brooks, Lusterman and Nutt (1997) regarding gender therapy.

(1)
  (2)
  (3)
  (4)
  (5)

Q. 5

List OConnors guidelines for applying an ethnographic attitude to healthcare.

(1)
  (2)
  (3)
  (4)
  (5)

Q. 6

List the three things that social science experiments indicate ensure group hostility.

(1)
  (2)
  (3)

Q. 7

List the core common features of human beings that define healthy functioning regardless of ones background or current setting.

(1)
  (2)
  (3)
  (4)
  (5)
  (6)

Q. 8

Briefly describe how female and males are viewed differently when it comes to problem conceptualization.

What will be an ideal response?

Q. 9

What is the response of gender and cultural therapists to the criticism that they are psychological colonialists?

a. Some values, like valuing human equality, respect for the freedom and dignity of all, and relief from human misery, are optimal to unify people across cultural and national boundaries.
  b. Racism, sexism, heterosexism, and ethnocentricity are expressed in negative practices such as ethnic cleansing and female circumcisionpractices that must stop.
  c. Gender and cultural therapists separate politics from psychological relationships, thereby avoiding such moral dilemmas.
  d. Gender and cultural therapists indicate that therapy is not about morals. Rather, it is about how people can get what they need in a hostile world.
Read 22 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Answer to #1

Answer:
1. What special challenges did the transition from middle school to high school involve for you?
2. Did you feel that, as a member of your sex, there were particular expectations about same-gender friendships, participation in sports, personal appearance, competitiveness, and career choice?

Answer to #2

Answer:
1. What did you learn about how you were expected to act with boys or girls, and from whom? How did this affect you?
2. Did you get different messages from different sources?
3. Did you sometimes wish you could have remained a child rather than entering puberty? Why?

Answer to #3

1. Do you remember anything that your parents did that strengthened your sense of being a boy (girl)? What was it?
2. Were there things that you were forbidden to do when you were little because your mother or father didnt think that girls (boys) should do that sort of thing?
3. Were there things that you were specifically encouraged to do because of your gender?

Answer to #4

Answer:
1. Childhood
2. Puberty
3. High school years
4. College or early work experience
5. Adulthood

Answer to #5

Answer:
1. What can I learn from this client or members of this group of people?
2. How can I incorporate the concerns and perspectives of this client or the clients population into ways in which I structure and deliver counseling services?
3. What can I modify in my own thinking and behavior to facilitate establishment of relationships of trust and mutual respect?
4. How can I negotiate treatment and prevention plans that are acceptable both to me and to my clients, even if we have different beliefs about why things are important or how they work?
5. How can I establish a working partnership in which both points of view contribute to outcomes at all levels?

Answer to #6

Answer:
1. Ethnocentrism
2. Stereotyping
3. Unfair distribution of scarce resources

Answer to #7

Answer:
1. Accurate understanding of social expectations,
2. Reasonable assessments of our own interests, capabilities, and limitations,
3. Good control over our own behavior,
4. Cognitive and behavioral flexibility,
5. Energy, and
6. Hope for the future.

Answer to #8

Answer: When men have problems, society tends to look outward for explanations; when women have problems, society looks inward.

Answer to #9

Answer: a
MaargarytaSiz Author
wrote...
6 years ago
All correct
wrote...
6 years ago
Happy to help
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1353 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352