y
t
k
j
improvegrades improvegrades
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which one of the following is an IMPROPER counselor choice in regards to counselor psychoeducational/instruction sharing?

A) Provide advice sparingly and only when the client is likely to need and accept it.
  B) Offer advice and your opinions at any time a client may request it.
  C) After careful listening and if the situation warrants, you can offer advice and instruction.
  D) When listening to counselor advice, let the client be in charge.

Q. 2

In which of the following situations would it be MOST appropriate for a counselor to share instruction and psychoeducation?

A) After listening carefully to your client's account of his or her marital difficulties over several sessions, at the third session the client asks, Should I file for divorce?
  B) You have learned that one of your clients is having difficulty considering the best way to care for an aging parent. The client says, I don't know what to do. How do I go about exploring elder care, particularly local full-time care facilities?
  C) As a college counselor, a third year student is reconsidering her choice of majors. You have listened carefully as she has explained the catalyst and her reasoning when she asks, If you were me, which major would you choose?
  D) A business manager is caught in a company downsizing effort. He is blindsided at work with a lay-off notice. On his first visit, he seems almost in crisis when he asks, I have no idea what to do; what should I do?

Q. 3

Let me show you how to put the toy together. First, we will read the directions. This is an example of:

A) logical consequences.
  B) feedback.
  C) directive.
  D) instruction/psychoeducation.

Q. 4

What is an appropriate counselor response when clients sometimes ask you directly for advice?

A) Give the client psychoeducational instruction based on your personal experience.
  B) Offer your opinion; the right advice fosters independence in the client.
  C) Ask the client to explore the issue from a different perspective first.
  D) Give the client advice based on your best assessment of the client's problem.

Q. 5

Now, if I were you, I'd study a little harder because that is a difficult course. That's what I think you ought to do. This is an example of:

A) logical consequences.
  B) feedback.
  C) directive.
  D) instruction/psychoeducation.

Q. 6

Offering specific instruction to the client on how to resolve issues and providing useful suggestions for personal change is the skill of:

A) logical consequence.
  B) instruction/psychoeducation.
  C) counselor directives.
  D) none of these.

Q. 7

Which of the following is NOT a suggested step for implementing the logical consequences skill?

A) Draw out story and strengths
  B) Generate alternatives
  C) Identify positive and negative consequences
  D) Interpret and reframe
Read 335 times
3 Replies