a
t
i
r
my life my life
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Explain the fundamental differences between conflict resolution and conflict management. Give an example of either method of conceptualizing conflict and how it may have a positive outcome in the group.

What will be an ideal response?

Q. 2

Maya is coming to therapy because she is having a sense of doubt as to her abilities. The therapist assures her that she can overcome this doubt. Maya takes solace in this statement. This is an example of which common factor?

a. extratherapeutic factors
  b. therapy relationship factors
  c. expectancy, hope, and placebo factors
  d. model and technique factors

Q. 3

A major impetus for the proliferation of tests and the status of the testing movement was _____

a. World War I, and the development of the Army Alpha & Army Beta
  b. The desire of psychologists to have a scope of practice that was different than that of counselors
  c. The ability of tests to compensate for the cultural bias that was often a part of the counseling relationship
  d. All of the above

Q. 4

Yukari is coming to therapy because she is feeling lonely. After four sessions, she finds that she is finding the sessions beneficial.

When asked what it is about the sessions that are helpful, she says that her therapist, Sophia, seems to really understand her. This is an example of which common factor?
  a. extratherapeutic factors
  b. therapy relationship factors
  c. expectancy, hope, and placebo factors
  d. model and technique factors

Q. 5

Group counseling _____

a. Rose dramatically in popularity in the 1930s when the Great Depression made the cost effective nature of groups particularly appealing
  b. Rose dramatically in popularity in the 1960s and 1970s, when people were feeling increasingly alienated from society and yearned for interpersonal connections
  c. Is a separate counseling specialty that requires advanced training and certification
  d. Is most effective when done as a marathon group that lasts between 24-48 hours
Read 55 times
3 Replies