a
t
i
r
limoncellus limoncellus
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse is teaching an older adult about possible involvement in Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). Which of the following statements by the older adult shows understanding?

A) PACE programs provide several social and medical services on a managed care basis.
  B) PACE programs provide a cost-effective alternative to hospital-based acute care.
  C) PACE programs are more expensive than fee-for-service models but offer better health outcomes.
  D) There is pressure for Medicare and Medicaid to begin funding PACE programs.

Question 2

A nurse is teaching a family of an older adult about the role of adult day centers. Which of the statements by the family member indicates a need for further teaching?

A) The day center can give me respite.
  B) The day center can improve our quality of life.
  C) The day center can be a useful alternative to medical care.
  D) The day center can contribute to an actual improvement in dementia symptoms.

Question 3

A nursing case manager monitors admissions into an acute care unit. Which of the following clients would be the most appropriate candidate for in-home skilled nursing care?

A) A client requiring twice-daily dressing changes for a coccyx wound
  B) A client who has been admitted to the emergency department with a recent stroke
  C) A client with reoccurring urinary retention of unknown etiology
  D) A client who is scheduled for hip replacement surgery tomorrow

Question 4

A rural community nurse sets up a monthly disease screening service. Local news coverage chooses not to cover this event. Which of the following justifications best supports the screenings?

A) Health promotion is essential for older adults because they have complex health care needs.
  B) Older adults are less responsive to health promotion interventions.
  C) Older adults as a group receive fewer prevention and screening services than other populations.
  D) Preventive services are less effective after the onset of chronic illness.

Question 5

A nurse helps older adults increase healthy behaviors by restructuring. Which of the following communication techniques should the nurse use to help the older adult overcome barriers?

A) Could you walk with your friend for a half-hour after you both come back from the lunch program at the senior center?
  B) I know it's hard to get outside in the winter, so let's try to identify some ways of getting more exercise indoors during your usual activities.
  C) Let's talk about the benefits of exercise. When you walk regularly you reduce constipation and muscle pain.
  D) Your activity has been decreasing during the last 3 years and it is at the point that you are at an increased risk for heart disease.

Question 6

A hospital nurse is discussing with an older adult the possibility transfer to a nursing home for skilled care after pneumonia. Which statement by the client indicates an understanding of this possible transfer?

A) Old people who go to the nursing home don't get out.
  B) They will take my home if I go to the nursing home.
  C) I don't qualify for skilled care, I only had pneumonia.
  D) I have already used 45 Medicare days this year.
Read 35 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
amnaaaamnaaa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 560 words.