f
a
d
c
chiraggupta105 chiraggupta105
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following statements about perception is true?

a. Perception is a function of the senses.
  b. Perception is an interpersonal process.
  c. Positive images are retained longer than negative ones.
  d. Personal identity is constructed through cognitive processes of perception.

Question 2

Identify the type of perceptual alteration represented in the following example: Jim, a 12-year-old, states, I am different from others in my physical education class because I am the class dunce.

a. Distorted reality
  b. Selective attention
  c. Self-fulfilling prophecy
  d. Cognitive distortion

Question 3

The nurse is caring for an adolescent client who has had an amputation of his right leg. The client states, I'm really worried my girlfriend might not want to be with me anymore. I don't look the same.

Which of the following concepts is represented in this situation?

a. Role performance
  b. Body image
  c. Self-esteem
  d. Personal identity

Question 4

A client states, I am an obese, compulsive person. The nurse demonstrates how to conduct a perceptual check when stating which of the following?

a. Can you tell me more about this?
  b. Is it difficult for you to be this way?
  c. I wouldn't worry about being very neat.
  d. It is okay to be this way; you are not hurting anyone.

Question 5

An older adult client is admitted to the hospital with terminal cancer. The client expresses acceptance of impending death and states, I am very satisfied with the life I had.

The nurse recognizes the client is in Erikson's stage of psychosocial development known as which of the following?

a. Integrity vs. Despair
  b. Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt
  c. Intimacy vs. Isolation
  d. Identity vs. Identity Diffusion

Question 6

Which of the following represents the role of the nurse in helping a client reframe a potentially incapacitating sense of self into one with more hope and broader options when faced with a health-related difficulty?

a. They can take a passive approach.
  b. They can negate potential possibilities.
  c. They can focus on personal weaknesses.
  d. They can reframe the client's sense of self.

Question 7

A staff nurse is assigned to lead a community group meeting comprised mostly of psychotic clients. When setting up this type of group meeting, the nurse recognizes that

a. refreshments should always be eliminated in order to keep the meeting room neat and orderly.
  b. acutely psychotic clients generally can participate in community group meetings prior to being stabilized.
  c. the group leader should take a passive role in order to avoid frightening the clients.
  d. choosing a fellow staff member to help co-lead the group is recommended.
Textbook 
Maternal & Child Nursing Care

Maternal & Child Nursing Care

Edition: 5th
Authors:
Read 104 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Answer to #1

ANS: D
Personal identity is constructed through cognitive processes of perception and cognition. Perception is a function of the mind, not the senses. Perception is an intrapersonal process. Negative images are retained longer than positive ones.

Answer to #2

ANS: C
Negative concepts of possible selves can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Distorted reality refers to a sense of self not based in reality. Selective attention occurs when a person hears only part of the message. Cognitive distortion refers to a distortion in thinking.

Answer to #3

ANS: B
This situation refers to an individual's perception of the body. The situation is not about how the client performs but about how he perceives his body. Self-esteem refers to the significance placed on self-concept. Personal identity concept refers to perceptual, cognitive, emotional, and spiritual elements.

Answer to #4

ANS: A
Frequent perceptual checks and active listening are helpful interventions. When combined with wellthought-out inferences about the meaning of client behaviors, they enhance the quality of decision making in the nurse-client relationship. Checking in with clients allows the nurse to use perceptual data in a conscious, deliberate way to facilitate the relationship process. Is it difficult for you to be this way? allows for only a yes or no answer and does not actively engage the client in conversation. I wouldn't worry about being very neat does not encourage an active conversation. It is okay to be this way; you are not hurting anyone does not encourage an active conversation.

Answer to #5

ANS: A
In this stage, the focus is the meaning of life and worth. It includes acceptance of growing limitations while maintaining a maximum productivity. Expression of acceptance of certitude of death as well as satisfaction with one's contributions to life are also characteristics of this stage. Autonomy versus Shame and Doubt occurs during the toddler stage of development. Intimacy versus Isolation occurs during the young adult stage. Identity versus Identity Diffusion occurs during adolescence.

Answer to #6

When life throws a health-related curve ball, nurses play a critical role in helping clients reframe a potentially incapacitating sense of self into one with more hope and broader options. They can help clients revisit personal strengths, consider new possibilities, incorporate new information, and seek out appropriate resources as a basis for making good clinical decisions and taking constructive actions. Even a nurse's supportive presence can give a client a reason to hope.

Answer to #7

Staff nurses are sometimes called upon to lead or co-lead unit-based group psychotherapy on inpatient units. Other times staff nurses participate in community group meetings comprised mostly of psychotic clients. Although acutely psychotic clients usually cannot participate until they are stabilized, community groups and small structured therapy groups can be useful. A directive but flexible leadership approach is needed. Because the demands of leadership are so intense with psychotic clients, co-leadership is recommended. Co-therapists can share the group process interventions, model healthy behaviors, offset negative transference from group members, and provide useful feedback to each other. An introductory format for support group leaders includes potentially allowing time for informal networking through providing a 10-minute break with or without refreshments in order to allow members to interact informally with each other. If a group topic is not forthcoming from members, the leader can introduce a relevant, concrete, problem-centered topic of potential interest to the group.
wrote...
6 years ago
Just confirmed the same answer from my friend, thanks
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1065 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 587

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?