m
p
m
f
Ezzy19 Ezzy19
wrote...
Rep: 0 1
6 years ago
As one of 11 federal agencies under the Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC must coordinate its efforts to protect citizens from epidemics with the CIA, the FBI, and the Department of Homeland Security. Communication with these other agencies is an example of
 a. upward communication.
  b. downward communication.
  c. vertical communication.
  d. horizontal communication.

Ques. 2

Business writers normally use active voice more frequently than passive voice because active voice conveys ideas more vividly.
  Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 3

In a distributed leadership team environment, the role of the leader is BEST described as
 a. the leader remaining in the position until the team is dissolved.
  b. any member of the team becoming the leader at various times.
  c. a non-existent role.
  d. the leader being dictatorial when needed.

Ques. 4

Effective Wording of Staff Memo The following memo contains many cliches and outdated expressions. Revise it, substituting fresh, original expressions and sentences without redundancies and wordy construction. TO: All Sales Reps FROM: Thomas Kotrola, Manager DATE: August 15, 2011 SUBJECT: Client and vendor survey Pursuant to our recent staff meeting, this written communication confirms the item of business regarding surveying our clients and vendors that I recently discussed at our recent meeting. The survey matter and procedures that I discussed are listed below as follows: To stay ahead of the game, management has determined that it is of utmost importance to solicit input from our clientele and vendors, ASAP. Please be advised that the detailed procedures for doing so and all the step-by-step instructions are available online, as mentioned in the staff meeting. Utilize the online survey for your list of clients and vendors. The absolute last deadline for soliciting this information is September 15 . The bottom line is that you must make it a top priority to be sure these completed surveys are submitted to management by September 16 from your clients and vendors. If you are out-of-pocket on the due date, make sure that all your bases are covered so that you can verify and submit surveys prior to the established due date. The ball is now in your court. I'm expecting everyone to come through and show your stuff. Do not hesitate to check with me if you have a question. My door is always open.

Ques. 5

Communication in successful work teams
 a. is the same as the process of communication in traditional organizations.
  b. is affected primarily by trust building and shared leadership.
  c. places reduced emphasis on listening, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
  d. replaces vertical information flow with horizontal flow.

Ques. 6

Why is it important to communicate concisely in the business world? Describe several techniques that will help produce concise messages.
Read 35 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bigdaddybigdaddy
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 490 words.