k
m
c
o
cloudddddd cloudddddd
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
When determining the sample size required for a 95 confidence interval for the population mean, the sample mean needs to be known.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Q. 2

Including a blocking factor that is not effective in randomized block ANOVA could result in ____________________.

A) decreasing the probability of a Type I error
  B) decreasing the probability of a Type II error
  C) increasing the probability of a Type I error
  D) increasing the probability of a Type II error

Q. 3

The hypothesis test for a single population variance requires that the sample size is greater than 30.

Q. 4

Consider the following population which represents the number of pieces of junk mail that I received during the month of February.

2 4 0 3 5 1
  0 2 3 0 4 6
  1 1 3 5 0 2
  3 0 2 3 3 1

Using the first row of data as a sample, the sampling error is ________.
  A) 0.00
  B) 0.25
  C) -0.50
  D) 0.75

Q. 5

Negative autocorrelation is rarely observed in a time series.

Q. 6

The purpose of the blocking factor in randomized block ANOVA is to ________________.

A) increase some of the variability in the blocking factor which may allow us to better detect a difference due to the main factor
  B) remove some of the variability in the blocking factor which may allow us to better detect a difference due to the main factor
  C) increase some of the variability in the main factor which may allow us to better detect a difference due to the blocking factor
  D) remove some of the variability in the main factor which may allow us to better detect a difference due to the blocking factor

Q. 7

We can approximate the standard error of the proportion by substituting the sample proportion, p, for the population proportion, p.

Q. 8

The average weight of the entire batch of the boxes of cereal filled today was 20.15 ounces. A random sample of four boxes was selected with the following weights: 20.05, 20.56, 20.72, and 20.43. The sampling error for this sample is ________.

A) 0.00
  B) -0.16
  C) 0.11
  D) 0.29
Textbook 
Business Statistics

Business Statistics

Edition: 2nd
Author:
Read 75 times
2 Replies
Replies