t
i
r
r
broncena broncena
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
According to Erikson, the best action for you as a teacher working with the boy would be to:

a. talk to him, discuss what he wants to be and as a result of your genuine caring help him develop a sense of identity.
  b. show personal interest in him and strongly reward his successes in order to help him increase his sense of self-worth.
  c. strongly reward anything he undertakes on his own. Play down failures that might result.
  d. encourage other reliable and outgoing students to include him in group work to help him develop a sense of trust in other people.

Ques. 2

Kelly Reed, 32, is an interesting person. She has been married for 8 years, and her husband often comments on how unselfish and giving she is. She works for an industrial real estate firm and is progressing nicely in her career. Her boss has praised her for her progress and her tendency to be a self-starter.
   On the other hand, Kelly is very jealous of her husband and thinks he may even cheat on her, although she has no evidence to support the feeling. She thinks her boss blows smoke at her and is trying to take advantageprofessionally only; no personal advances. Based on this information and Erikson's theory, which of the following crises has Kelly least well resolved?

a. Trust vs. mistrust
  b. Initiative vs. guilt
  c. Industry vs. inferiority
  d. Intimacy vs. isolation

Ques. 3

Amanda has learned to walk and seems very pleased with herself. She runs to her mother, falls into her arms, and then runs away again. She seems to love going to the store, because she is allowed to walk beside her mother without having her hand held. This scenario best illustrates which of the following stages of psychosocial development?

a. Trust vs. mistrust
  b. Autonomy vs. doubt
  c. Initiative vs. guilt
  d. Industry vs. inferiority

Ques. 4

Tanya was using the Mac, and the school switched to the Windows operating system. She commented that it was really different, and much of what she did before had different commands, but she has now made the switch to Windows successfully. After Tanya changed her thinking, which of the following is the most accurate statement?

a. Tanya developed through the process of maturation.
  b. Tanya learned through a form of social experience.
  c. Tanya adapted through the process of assimilation.
  d. Tanya adapted through the process of accommodation.

Ques. 5

Mrs. Stewart watches as Jimmie, one of her kindergartners, puts an art paper in his folder. He then begins to straighten up the paints and brushes in the art area, and in the process, he tips over a baby-food-sized jar of paint onto the tabletop. Of the following, which would be Mrs. Stewart's best response to Jimmie's initiative, using Erikson's work as your basis for answering?

a. Jimmie, I think you were doing a very nice job of straightening up our art area. It certainly needed it. Clean up the paint now, and then you can go back to your seat.
  b. Jimmie, I really appreciate your attempt to clean up the art area. It certainly needed it. Go back to your seat now while I clean this up.
  c. Jimmie, I know our art area certainly needs cleaning up, and I appreciate your attempt to do it, but remember our rule that says we don't play with the materials until we're given permission to do so.
  d. Jimmie, I really appreciate your attempt to clean up our art area, but you must be careful when you do it, so that you don't spill the paint. Please return to your seat now while I clean this up.

Ques. 6

Mrs. Ortega dresses very professionally for school each day, and the students even notice how nice she always looks. She is planning a unit on poverty in America, so on Monday, the day she begins the unit, she dresses in old, torn, and soiled clothes and marches into her classroom to the astonishment of her students. Of the following, the Piagetian concept most closely related to the students' reaction is:

a. transformation.
  b. maturation.
  c. assimilation.
  d. disequilibrium.

Ques. 7

Initiative vs. guilt for the preschool-aged child is analogous to which stage for the elementary-aged child?

a. Identity vs. confusion
  b. Autonomy vs. shame and doubt
  c. Trust-mistrust
  d. Industry vs. inferiority

Ques. 8

Erikson identified the first psychological challenge in a person's life as:

a. autonomy vs. shame and doubt.
  b. trust vs. mistrust.
  c. initiative vs. guilt.
  d. industry vs. inferiority.

Ques. 9

Describe the relationship between personality and school achievement.

What will be an ideal response?
Read 39 times
1 Reply