m
p
m
f
Vertzie Vertzie
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
According to Kohlberg's theory, Mrs. Ossi is likely to be most successful if she teaches:

a. first graders.
  b. third graders.
  c. fifth graders.
  d. eighth graders.

Ques. 2

Of the following, which is the most important factor causing the issue in Mrs. Henderson's classroom?

a. Stereotype threat
  b. A resistance culture
  c. A cultural mismatch
  d. Ethnic diversity

Ques. 3

Ken, 14, in an incident of vandalism, breaks a window in an abandoned warehouse. I can't believe I did that, he reacts later. I don't know what I thought I was getting out of it. It wasn't even fun. I'll never do that again. In the absence of any other information, we would describe Ken as being at which ethical stage?

a. Market exchange
  b. Interpersonal harmony
  c. Law and order
  d. Social contract

Ques. 4

Mrs. Ossi's thinking best illustrates which of the following stages?

a. Market exchange
  b. Interpersonal harmony
  c. Law and order
  d. Social contract

Ques. 5

If the students' behavioral patterns are typical of White and African American students', according to research, which of the following is the most likely explanation?

a. Leroy is more likely to be disobedient than is Don, so he is more likely to disregard the directive.
  b. Leroy is more likely to misread Mrs. Henderson's directive, not interpreting it as a command, than is Don.
  c. Leroy is less likely to be attentive than is Don, so he is more likely to not hear the directive.
  d. Leroy is more likely to socialize with his peers than is Don, so he is more likely to be off-task than is Don.

Ques. 6

If the opponent had said, Sure, go ahead. I know it's no fun playing with a blister, he would have been operating at which of the following stages of moral reasoning?

a. Punishment and obedience
  b. Market exchange
  c. Interpersonal harmony
  d. Law and order

Ques. 7

Mrs. Bodin attended a workshop designed to improve her effectiveness in working with members of cultural minorities. She attempted to implement the information in her class the following day.
  She began a reading group by having the students read a story and then discussing it. She started by reminding the students to remember who the story was about and what the people were doing. After the students were finished reading the story, she began discussing it by asking questions, such as, Now tell us some things about the story, and Describe the story for us, distributing the questions equally among the students in the class. She also asked questions such as, What was the boy's name in the story? directing these questions equally to both minority and nonminority students and giving them plenty of time to answer.

Finally, as the time approached to finish the activity, she said, Now, everyone, close your reading books and take all your materials back to your desks.
  Based on the information in the case study, describe three things Mrs. Bodin did that were effective for working with cultural minorities.
Read 32 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
murad1987murad1987
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free