× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
whatsupgirl whatsupgirl
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Amanda has learned to walk and seems very pleased with herself. She runs to her mother, falls into her arms, and then runs away again. She seems to love going to the store, because she is allowed to walk beside her mother without having her hand held. This scenario best illustrates which of the following stages of psychosocial development?

a. Trust vs. mistrust
  b. Autonomy vs. doubt
  c. Initiative vs. guilt
  d. Industry vs. inferiority

Ques. 2

Tanya was using the Mac, and the school switched to the Windows operating system. She commented that it was really different, and much of what she did before had different commands, but she has now made the switch to Windows successfully. After Tanya changed her thinking, which of the following is the most accurate statement?

a. Tanya developed through the process of maturation.
  b. Tanya learned through a form of social experience.
  c. Tanya adapted through the process of assimilation.
  d. Tanya adapted through the process of accommodation.

Ques. 3

Mrs. Stewart watches as Jimmie, one of her kindergartners, puts an art paper in his folder. He then begins to straighten up the paints and brushes in the art area, and in the process, he tips over a baby-food-sized jar of paint onto the tabletop. Of the following, which would be Mrs. Stewart's best response to Jimmie's initiative, using Erikson's work as your basis for answering?

a. Jimmie, I think you were doing a very nice job of straightening up our art area. It certainly needed it. Clean up the paint now, and then you can go back to your seat.
  b. Jimmie, I really appreciate your attempt to clean up the art area. It certainly needed it. Go back to your seat now while I clean this up.
  c. Jimmie, I know our art area certainly needs cleaning up, and I appreciate your attempt to do it, but remember our rule that says we don't play with the materials until we're given permission to do so.
  d. Jimmie, I really appreciate your attempt to clean up our art area, but you must be careful when you do it, so that you don't spill the paint. Please return to your seat now while I clean this up.

Ques. 4

Mrs. Ortega dresses very professionally for school each day, and the students even notice how nice she always looks. She is planning a unit on poverty in America, so on Monday, the day she begins the unit, she dresses in old, torn, and soiled clothes and marches into her classroom to the astonishment of her students. Of the following, the Piagetian concept most closely related to the students' reaction is:

a. transformation.
  b. maturation.
  c. assimilation.
  d. disequilibrium.

Ques. 5

Initiative vs. guilt for the preschool-aged child is analogous to which stage for the elementary-aged child?

a. Identity vs. confusion
  b. Autonomy vs. shame and doubt
  c. Trust-mistrust
  d. Industry vs. inferiority

Ques. 6

Erikson identified the first psychological challenge in a person's life as:

a. autonomy vs. shame and doubt.
  b. trust vs. mistrust.
  c. initiative vs. guilt.
  d. industry vs. inferiority.

Ques. 7

Describe the relationship between personality and school achievement.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 8

Alvaro's parents ask about his homework every night after school, and Alvaro comments to his friends, My parents won't let me get away with anything. If I didn't study hard and do my homework, they would be all over me. You won't make it in college if you aren't willing to work,' they keep saying. They're good though. My mom helps me with my math if I get stuck, and they always come to my soccer games and band concerts.
   Assuming that Alvaro fits patterns identified by research, describe the personal characteristics that he is likely to acquire. Explain why he is likely to acquire these characteristics.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 9

Tanya is 16 and is learning word processing in a class in her high school. In Piagetian terms the best description of her ability to use the word processor would be called:

a. a concrete operational stage of development.
  b. a formal operational stage of development.
  c. maturation.
  d. a type of scheme.

Ques. 10

Authoritative parents tend to provide:

a. low expectations and low responsiveness.
  b. high expectations and low responsiveness.
  c. low expectations and high responsiveness.
  d. high expectations and high responsiveness.
Read 142 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
B B.B B.
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 340 words.