t
i
r
r
sslong79 sslong79
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
How do automobile batteries differ from deep-cycle batteries? Which should be specified for a solar electric system?

What will be an ideal response?

Q. 2

What is meant by life-cycle cost and why is it important in evaluating a solar system?

Q. 3

What is the purpose of a charge controller in a battery backedup solar system?

Read 91 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Ans. to #1

Standard automobile batteries have thin plates and are designed for high starting currents. Deep cycle batteries have thick plates and are capable of deeper discharge cycles, so they should be specified for solar electric systems.

Ans. to #2

Life-cycle costs include all expenses over the expected life of a system. By using life-cycle costs, the system can be compared with alternatives including conventional systems. The initial cost of solar energy systems is usually higher, but may have lower operating costs and have almost no energy cost.

Ans. to #3

The charge controller regulates and limits charging current to prevent overcharging batteries.
sslong79 Author
wrote...
6 years ago
I know you spent a lot of time finding this because I swear it wasn't in my textbook
wrote...
6 years ago
You're partially right, it's found midway in the chapter, but not at all easy to find. Good luck with the rest
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1363 People Browsing
 105 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?