Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Inmates must serve a substantial portion of their sentence, according to:

a. truth in sentencing laws.
  b. zero tolerance laws.
  c. mandatory 10 sentences.
  d. federal prison guidelines.

Question 2

In an interview, Tiger Woods remarked, In this country, I'm looked at as being black. When I go to Thailand, I'm considered Thai. It's very interesting. And when I go to Japan, I'm considered Asian. I don't know why it is, but it just is.. Woods' observations speak to the importance of

a. choice.
  b. context.
  c. chance.
  d. achieved characteristics

Question 3

What are the three levels in the police system in the United States?

a. city, county, and state
  b. city, state, and federal region
  c. federal, state, and local
  d. National Security Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and State Police

Question 4

We do not choose our biological parents nor can we control the physical characteristics we inherit from them. These facts speak to the role of in determining race and ethnicity.

a. chance
  b. choice
  c. context
  d. understanding

Question 5

What is the funnel effect?

a. The number of people convicted of crimes is much larger than the number of beds in prisons, leading judges to accept plea bargains and compromise sentences.
  b. The number of people in prison is much larger than the number of people released every year, trapping millions of inmates in a culture of violence.
  c. Only a few people will be able to take advantage of programs to help prisoners prepare for the job market after release.
  d. The number of crimes is much greater than the number of people who are punished for committing a crime, leading people to have less confidence in the system.

Question 6

Tiger Woods' mother is half Thai, onequarter Chinese, and onequarter white. His father is half black, one quarter Chinese, and onequarter American Indian. Tiger appears black.. Tiger's physical appearance reflects the importance of in regard to racial classification.

a. chance
  b. context
  c. choice
  d. consciousness
Read 58 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
grodriguezzgrodriguezz
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 0 0