× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
russ ellis russ ellis
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
We know deer aggression during rut is extremely aggressive, yet the research I have seen does not explain why, human males, don't have the same problems as say a male deer, if the Male human had a short circuit or malfunction of the area producing the testosterone, that could explain crime in the human behavior field?
Read 91 times
2 Replies
Wink Face Researching 73

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
We know deer aggression during rut is extremely aggressive, yet the research I have seen does not explain why, human males, don't have the same problems as say a male deer, if the Male human had a short circuit or malfunction of the area producing the testosterone, that could explain crime in the human behavior field?

Poor decision-making is controlled more than just your hormones. Take for example the Stanford marshmallow experiment tested on children. From Wikipedia, a child was offered a choice between one small reward provided immediately or two small rewards if they waited for a short period, approximately 15 minutes, during which the tester left the room and then returned. The reward was either a marshmallow or pretzel stick, depending on the child's preference. In follow-up studies, the researchers found that children who were able to wait longer for the preferred rewards tended to have better life outcomes, as measured by SAT scores, educational attainment, body mass index (BMI), and other life measures. Arguably, these children produce very little testosterone, so it's a no factor here.
wrote...
4 years ago
We know deer aggression during rut is extremely aggressive, yet the research I have seen does not explain why, human males, don't have the same problems as say a male deer, if the Male human had a short circuit or malfunction of the area producing the testosterone, that could explain crime in the human behavior field.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1276 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145