D
j
K
s
a
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
A week ago
What are the three elements of any network security program to prevent a cyberattack?
Textbook 

Introduction to Security: Operations and Management

Edition: 5th
Authors:
Read 46 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
wrote...
Rep: 9 0
A week ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything.
Some of the key elements of any network security program to prevent a cyberattack include: (1) network segmentation; (2) choke points; and (3) planned redundancy. Network segmentation involves securing, isolating, and separating vital network components into subnetworks to better protect the entire system by compartmentalizing an attack and any damage if it should occur.  In addition to network segmentation is the use of choke points to funnel network traffic through certain points where information can be filtered and inspected for malware and other threats. The next network design element is planned redundancy.  For example, an effective network will have multiple firewalls (or filters) to prevent cyberattacks while also ensuring that if there are no system failures or connectivity issues, users will still be able to "switch" or route traffic through different devices or connect to the Internet.
This verified answer contains over 130 words.