a
t
i
r
r
Anonymous Anonymous
wrote...
4 years ago
1.   Cyberbullying typically involves the intentional humiliation of another person via use of electronic devices, such as
   a.   Online games

2.   Multitasking (performing more than one task at a time) often results in poorer performance.
   a.   True

3.   Sharing information on social media can subject one to civil lawsuits both civil and criminal penalties for invasion of privacy, cyberbullying, cyberstalking, and sexting.
   a.   True

4.   Which presidential campaign was unique in that it became the first national campaign in which traditional media such as television, radio, and newspapers were overshadowed by new media technologies and the Internet?
   a.   Obama-McCain (2008)

5.   Digital ___ are those who have always used the Internet and Web capabilities to communicate, while digital ___ are those of an older generation who have had to become accustomed to using digital media.
   a.   Natives, Immigrants

6.   In the Obama movement, African American youth were part of both real and digital change
   a.   True

7.   The definition of social network sites, according to some researchers in our text book, does NOT refer to web-based services that allow individuals to
   a.   Engage in anonymous cybercrimes without fear of retaliation

8.   Defamation, when broadcast, is libel; when printed, it is slander.
   a.   False

9.   The two styles of communication found in higher education classes are either transmission or
   a.   Ritual

10.   According to our textbook, by conducting a content analysis on the utilization of social media on the top 100 global brand websites, the marketing and branding study found that Facebook and Twitter are the leading social media used by these companies.
   a.   False

11.   Public disclosure of private facts also makes use of a reasonableness expectation rooted in societal norms.
   a.   True

12.   When addressing youth activism, our textbook suggested that
   a.   Both A and B

13.   Members of the Millennial generation were born between 1982 and 2003, and this demographic is larger than the Baby Boom generation.
   a.   True

14.   In simplest terms, cyber stalking involves the use of the Internet, e-mail, or other electronic communications devices to stalk another person that generally involves
   a.   Harassing or threatening behavior that an individual engages in repeatedly

15.   One’s private office at work is where one has the greatest expectation of privacy.
   a.   False

16.   You have had the opportunity to "put into practice" some of the lessons learned in this class. One aspect of Objective Two focused on connections between students and other students, students and faculty, students and alumni, etc. Write two to four paragraphs that address the social media tool(s) used and the way(s) connectedness was engendered in the following settings: 1) Explain specific ways you have used social media tools to connect with other students during this course; 2) Explain specific ways you have used social media tools to connect with faculty in this class or others. 3) Explain specific ways you have used social media tools (or you may use in the future) to connect with alumni (think career networking as an example); 4) Explain ways that faculty can connect with other faculty members, alumni can connect with other alumni, or faculty can connect with alumni (remember, you will be alumni once you graduate - how might this aspect prove useful to you?). Remember, this is a reflection exercise considering practical ways social media tools have been (or can be) used.
   a.   During this course, I have not used many tools to connect with other students. The only tool that I have used is Facebook. I have connected with a couple classmates outside of the course through the use of Facebook. We have befriended one another and used Facebook as a method to keep in touch and talk about our futures with APUS. Another thing that I have used to connect with other students are the forums. The class forums have allowed me to interact with classmates and discuss certain issues that pertained to the course.

I am fairly new at APUS, so I have not been able to connect with faculty as much as I would like. I have been able to connect with faculty using messaging and also through the forums. Messaging has been the main way that I have been able to connect with faculty. I use messaging to ask class related questions, and let them know if I have any issues or what I may enjoy about the class. Forums have allowed me to communicate with my teachers in a public manner along with other classmates. Also, in previous classes, teachers have given personal emails, Facebook pages, and other social networking pages; but I have not yet gotten a change to interact with teachers through these social networks.

In the future, I will use Facebook, the Alumni Network, and job resources offered through APUS in order to connect with other alumni. Using these sources will help me find job leads and also just allow me to stay connected with individuals who also graduated from APUS.

Many alumni are going to be able to connect with other Alumni through the Alumni network. This is where Alumni are able to keep up with one another and also help one another. This help can range from job help to just personal advice about getting an advanced degree. Alumni can also connect with previous faculty members in order to get advice, and, job recommendations, or higher education recommendations. I also noticed that APUS has a Facebook page. This page will be useful for everyone! When I say everyone, I mean current students, faculty, and alumni. All of these individuals will be able to keep up with one another, help one another, and just stay in touch with anything APUS.

17.   _______is categorized as a microblogging web application that allows users to connect to one another using 140-character messages.
   a.   Twitter
Read 472 times
1 Reply