× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Sportchick94 Sportchick94
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
You are expected to complete all parts by hand and then submit answers to the questions here.

Where needed, round answers to 2 decimal places.

Upon submitting your answers, you will see step-by-step instructions on how to answer each problem so you can check your work.

An instructor asked five students how many hours they had studied for an exam. The number of hours studied and their grades, along with the means, are shown here.

Hours Studied   Test Grade
0               52
10               95
6               83
8               71
6               64
M = 6            M = 73

(a) Determine the linear prediction rule for predicting test grade from hours studied.

(b) draw the regression line.

Use the linear prediction rule to figure the predicted test grade of students who studied for each of the following number of hours: (c) 3, (d) 5, and (e) 7.

(f) Determine the standardized regression coefficient. 

1. Determine the linear prediction rule for predicting test grade from hours studied.
- What is the sum of squared deviation scores for the X variable (SSX)?

2. Determine the linear prediction rule for predicting test grade from hours studied.
- What is the sum of squared deviation scores for the Y variable (SSY)?

3. Determine the linear prediction rule for predicting test grade from hours studied.
- What is the sum of the products of deviation scores e.g., Σ(X - MX)(Y - MY)?

4. Determine the linear prediction rule for predicting test grade from hours studied.
- What is the regression coefficient, b?

5. Determine the linear prediction rule for predicting test grade from hours studied.
- What is the regression constant, a?

6. Determine the linear prediction rule for predicting test grade from hours studied.
- What is the linear prediction rule using the regression coefficient and regression constant you figured earlier?

7. Use the linear prediction rule to figure the predicted test grade of students who studied for 3 hours.

8. Use the linear prediction rule to figure the predicted test grade of students who studied for 5 hours.

9. Use the linear prediction rule to figure the predicted test grade of students who studied for 7 hours.

10. Determine the standardized regression coefficient.

SORRY theres a lot of steps...Frowning Face

Read 106 times
10 Replies