l
t
S
m
s
ryann ryann
wrote...
3 years ago
My guess is that it may have been a large sea creature, thought to be extinct that somehow made it's way into the Loch Ness for a period of time before going back to the sea and thus only the original sightings hold any efficacy.

The earliest written reference to a monster in Loch Ness is a 7th-century biography of Saint Columba, the Irish missionary who introduced Christianity to Scotland.

In 565 A.D., according to the biographer, St. Columba was on his way to visit the king of the northern Picts near Inverness when he stopped at Loch Ness to confront a beast that had been killing people in the lake.
Seeing a large beast about to attack another man, St. Columba intervened, invoking the name of God and commanding the creature to “go back with all speed.” The monster retreated and never harmed another man.

So why would a saint lie to people about it?!!
Read 189 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, bio_man
Possible that the myth was lost in translation. Perhaps the Loch Ness monster was just a huge fish, and the description given by the saint was describing just that. Now people regard it as an unidentified monster, but not back then.
ryann Author
wrote...
3 years ago
make sense but what happened to that creature and why its disappeared and no one could ever had evidence about it?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
Like all living things, it eventually died I'm assuming. Think about it, the oldest living creature is a tortoise, and its recorded age is 187 years. Assuming this myth started  in the 7th century, it'd be absurd to think that it's still alive. Maybe they've been reproducing haha
ryann Author
wrote...
3 years ago
i suppose your right
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
3 years ago
 Face with Rolling Eyes
ryann Author
wrote...
3 years ago
😂👍
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1060 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293