a
t
i
r
pl6 pl6
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
3 years ago
Thank you to anyone who is able to answer or help me with this question, since I had some difficulty with it.
1. sketch a PPC representing the German economy with the x-axis representing the manufactured goods and the y-axis representing the goods produced (agriculture goods). mark a point M that indicates where you think the German economy is at present. There is also a part b) and c) to this question, but would like to see how this one goes.
Read 205 times
12 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
What have you learned about Germany's economy?

The base PPF should look something like this:

Source  http://kokminglee.125mb.com/economics/ppf.html
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
pl6 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Thank you so much for help, and Nothing really, I think we have to research it but not sure how I would have to sketch it without information like this
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
I think the idea is that if you categorize Germany as a developed country - which it is - would you place it above or below the curve. You don't need data as was used in the example above. Your plot would simply be labelled manufactured goods (x axis) and agricultural products (y axis)
- Bachelor of Science
pl6 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Yes, so marking a point above the PPC would mean that economy is currently doing well, which it is. But it says to sketch a PPC (a curve) that represents the German economy, followed by an x-axis representing the manufactured goods and the y-axis representing the goods produced (agriculture goods). But if I was given data in this case, then I would simply plot it with the following x-axis and y-axis.
pl6 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Can I also show you part b) and c) to this question? Maybe it will make a lot more sense.
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
i hope so, lets see what you're being asked
- Bachelor of Science
pl6 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
alright!
b)assume that the German government has announced plans to increase the number of work visas issued to migrant workers to be admitted into Germany through immigration. Illustrate  the impact this would have on the PPC in Germany.  sketch the graph.
c)assume that the German government releases its unemployment figures for 2019 and announces that the unemployment rate has dropped to 7% and expects it to continue to fall into 2020. Illustrate the effect this will have on Germany’s PPC.  sketch the graph.
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
Other attached file(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
- Bachelor of Science