a
t
i
r
pl6 pl6
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, pl6
1.Would you agree or disagree the following statement? A country has to be open or  vulnerable to  exploitation by other nations in order to achieve or develop a healthy manufacturing and service sector.
Read 142 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
A country has to be open or  vulnerable to  exploitation by other nations in order to achieve or develop a healthy manufacturing and service sector.

You mean countries that operate sweat shops? Developed countries often use manufacturers in less-developed countries so cut costs, offer competitive prices, and increase profits when selling their products at home. Not only is this done with manufacturing, but we see this in the service sector whenever we have customer service needs - 9/10 we're speaking to something that isn't a citizen of our own country. Regardless of where the job is coming from, people all over the world want to work and provide for their family. Developed countries often seek out countries with a low employment rate and where the exchange rate favors the profitability of the manufacturer when it comes to strategizing a place to factories. All countries, regardless of whether they are developed or underdeveloped need to be open to allowing other countries to open shop in their land. For example, many American and Japanese car manufacturers have factories in Canada. This is beneficial for both parties because it employees Canadians, while at the same time benefits the manufacturer as well.
pl6 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I don't think the question is directly talking about countries operating sweatshops but more of when, the more a nation enters the manufacturing and service sector, the GDP will increase, etc. use of manufacturing and service sector's that results them to achieve a higher, how a nation like Canada is being exploited, and how it continues to achieve a more balanced economy with strong primary, secondary, and tertiary sectors. Something like that I'm sure, sorry if that sounded a little confusing.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
vulnerable to  exploitation by other nations in order to achieve or develop a healthy manufacturing and service sector.

Could you explain how Canada (or alike) would be vulnerable to exploitation by other nations? Still scratching my head on this one, not understanding what's being asked.
pl6 Author
wrote...
3 years ago
This question was confusing to me, let me look further in this question, because I'm not quite too sure but I will let you know if I find anything. Thank you
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Yes, I agree with the statement above especially if that country has strong stable economy. To experience this rapid growth, a country like Canada is opened to foreign business such as US to start business in the country for example Starbucks stores. This will allow creating more jobs in Canada which ultimately translate to significant benefits for domestic consumers through lower prices and increased choice. Improved economies generally lead to wider social improvement.

Through taxes, regulations on wages, plus financial rules for banks and investment firms, the canadian government exerts a certain amount of control over how all companies do business and  have made many foreign investors not only to open companies in Canada but also to relocate here. If these characteristics are not in place, then their economies cannot catch up. This is why the economies of some countries are diverging rather than converging.

Foreign investors are always attracted to large economies because they offer many opportunities on the local market, and Canada is one of the largest economies in the world. It is also America’s neighbor which will increase the expansion of businesses across the border.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1326 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?