i
r
yous45000 yous45000
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
Hi
Anyone can help me please
I want to know what is the influence of cell density on cell migration, apoptosis and cell division in the case of a primary culture and cell line
Read 138 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
2 years ago
Cell density is very vital for cell migration. When doing wound healing assay (in vitro scratch assay), the cells need to become confluent in order to promote proper cell migration. If they are sparse, they would move to fill the space in between them; however, for confluent cells, they would move to the created wounded area. The same goes for Transwell migration assay - the cells need to be seeded at high density to increase their rate of migration onto the membrane.
wrote...
2 years ago
Cell density is very vital for cell migration. When doing wound healing assay (in vitro scratch assay), the cells need to become confluent in order to promote proper cell migration. If they are sparse, they would move to fill the space in between them; however, for confluent cells, they would move to the created wounded area. The same goes for Transwell migration assay - the cells need to be seeded at high density to increase their rate of migration onto the membrane.

Yes, cell density play important role in cells migration. Its gives some kind of force to cells to migrate. So keep same number of cells every time.

In terms of apoptosis, see the link I provided. It states, "apoptosis was frequent in detached cells, and the rates of cell detachment and apoptosis were greater in high-density than in low-density cultures."
Source  > https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10462206/
> https://www.jstor.org/stable/4294970
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1328 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?