s
a
t
i
r
Anonymous Annonn
wrote...
A year ago
If you have ever read the children's book Dragones y Tacos, you may know that some dragons breathe fire if they eat tacos with salsa picante. Oris and Rafa Dragon would like to bring their baby dragon (Samuel) to a taco party, but they don't know if Samuel has the fire breathing trait, and they don't want to risk burning the house down. Oris and Rafa can both safely eat tacos with salsa picante, without breathing fire. Rafa's parents were the same way, but he has a sister who once lit a garbage can on fire after eating salsa picante. Oris' dad and sister are not allowed to go to taco parties, because they are both affected by the fire breathing trait. 

Oris and Rafa decide to calculate the probability that Samuel is a fire-breathing dragon. They decide they will bring him to the party if there is a less than 50% chance he has the trait. If not, they will get a babysitter. Should they go to the party?

Options:
Yes, the probability that Samuel breathes fire is 1/6

Yes, the probability that Samuel breathes fire is 1/3

No, the probability that Samuel breathes fire is 5/6

No, the probability that Samuel breathes fire is 2/3

Read 105 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
I've tried countless combinations, and none of them seem to match the probabilities given.

Do you happen to have a sample question provided by your instructor that can help me understand this better? Here's what the tree should look like based on what's given.

Awaiting your reply...
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Anonymous Author
wrote...
A year ago
I've tried countless combinations, and none of them seem to match the probabilities given. Do you happen to have a sample question provided by your instructor that can help me understand this better? Here's what the tree should look like based on what's given. Awaiting your reply...

I unfortunately do not have any sample question, the instructor just gave out the questions + options as is, im sorry!
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
I've tried countless combinations, and none of them seem to match the probabilities given. Do you happen to have a sample question provided by your instructor that can help me understand this better? Here's what the tree should look like based on what's given. Awaiting your reply...
I unfortunately do not have any sample question, the instructor just gave out the questions + options as is, im sorry!

Okay, let me ask around. I will update the thread once I find an answer!
Anonymous Author
wrote...
A year ago
Okay, let me ask around. I will update the thread once I find an answer!

Thank you, I appreciate it!!
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
Quick update. Still couldn't find a solution to this problem Undecided
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1346 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion