a
d
c
Exocomp Exocomp
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 months ago
Hi Folks,

I'm searching for a consistent source of accurate and credible micrographs. The goal is to build a library of referenced images that will augment my study throughout various courses.

Some topics I am interested in:

1) Antigens and cell toxicity

2) Plant cell structure

3) Organic and inorganic compounds

It would be nice if I could find a source that includes the actual micrograph, a model of the micrograph, a thorough explanation and the proper citation. Advice for working with micrographs at the first year level is also appreciated.

Regards,
Mark
Read 155 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 months ago
Hi, welcome!

This is possible by searching scientific journal article libraries. Luckily many of these are open to the public.

Do you plan on doing it manually, or having a computer analyze the document and extract the micrographs?
Exocomp Author
wrote...
9 months ago
Hi, welcome! This is possible by searching scientific journal article libraries. Luckily many of these are open to the public. Do you plan on doing it manually, or having a computer analyze the document and extract the micrographs?

Hi, I'm going to do it manually. I was thinking there are micrograph databases that are maintained by professional bodies such as a hospital or university. My searches (like your suggestion) have been directed toward relevant research papers but usually the mechanisms are too complex so I often come away with more questions asked than answered.

To make things easier, is there a database that operates like google images? It would be a big help to simply correlate a ton of different micrographs that were taken under different conditions and with different techniques. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction with a few links?
wrote...
Educator
9 months ago
The closest thing I can think of as is PubChem (first link), it operates like a public search you'd find on Google. Also use the Public Health Image Library (second link), I used this when I wrote ppdictionary.com
Source  https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
https://phil.cdc.gov/
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1021 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?