s
a
t
i
r
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
After a period of monitoring, the upper part of eye muscle is superior rectus muscle, I feel tire and ache in this area, I would like to know on what kind of eye movement would use this muscle, it must work too hard to make this muscle tire and ache.

Prolonged computer use: when working on a computer, the eyes tend to focus at a fixed distance for extended periods. since superior rectus muscle is responsible for upward gaze, it seems not related to monitor computer activity. would superior rectus muscle require to contract for this activity?

Furthermore, is there any exercise to relax and stretch this muscle?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)
Woo
wrote...
A year ago
Let's put aside for a moment the muscles responsible for eye movement. Have you started experiencing this pain recently? Is it sharp pain, or is it gradual depending on how long you've been focusing downwards? Does the same thing happen when reading a book or a dim light?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
muscles responsible for eye movement is important, that is the root cause in biological viewpoints.
Do you have any suggestions on how it works?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
Woo
wrote...
A year ago
Let's put aside for a moment the muscles responsible for eye movement. Have you started experiencing this pain recently? Is it sharp pain, or is it gradual depending on how long you've been focusing downwards? Does the same thing happen when reading a book or a dim light?

The reason I ask is because if it started recently, it could be because of an infection of some sort.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
It does not start recently, and happen if monitoring PC for a period of time, so please ignore infection issue.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)
Woo
wrote...
A year ago
You feel pain, you say, but if you take Tylenol, does the pain go away?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
You feel pain, you say, but if you take Tylenol, does the pain go away?

"Acetaminophen blocks an enzyme that sends out chemicals called prostaglandins that make our bodies feel pain. If this theory is correct, then acetaminophen works very similar to aspirin, Advil, and Aleve."

It seems that you are not focus on biological issue.
Thank you very much for suggestions (^v^)
Woo
wrote...
A year ago
I think you're misunderstanding my intention here. I am trying to determine if the pain in your eye socket will go away after taking a painkiller like Tylenol. Because if the pain subsides, then we can be more confident to conclude that the problem is in fact muscle strain, since Tylenol is effective at reducing that sort of pain. But if the pain does not go away after taking the painkiller, then we're dealing with something else, and so there's no point in discussing the biology associated with the eye.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1344 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion