O
x
d
s
jrah jrah
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 months ago
[html]Hey can yall help me with these small couple of things I have to get done by today its gonna get a bit crazy cause i have 40 questions I have to do for math This is for the benchmarking tests the 3rd round is due I only have a few that I probs wont understand but it okie cause math is hard so pls help me thanks!

A grassroots movement is born when a group of ordinary citizens, rather than political leaders, come together to take action on an issue that is important to them. Grassroots movements can gather around almost any public issue, but much of the time they have to do with situations that involve a community. It may be a small community, such as a neighborhood, or a larger community, such as a country or even the entire world. For example, a group of neighbors might band together and attempt to persuade their city to build a new library. Or, a group of students might hold a bake sale to raise money for digging wells in developing countries.Organizing and working for the public good is an important part of democracy. In democracies, citizens are free to express their views and to work for change in government or other areas of life, such as in business. For example, citizens' groups have previously come together to protest the construction of fast-food restaurants in their towns. That is a form of grassroots action that is aimed at business rather than government.How Grassroots Movements Begin Whatever the goal of the grassroots movement, the basic strategies for action tend to be quite similar. They're based on years of grassroots work in all walks of life. The first step is to find people who are all interested in an issue. Then, they need to meet. Meeting in person is a powerful way to start a grassroots group. People can share their opinions, ask questions, and discuss answers. They can plan and assign tasks. Today, social networks and email lists are an effective way to expand a grassroots group to attract more members and to inform the public about events.Many Members, Many Tasks As a grassroots group grows, it needs to remain aware of its goals and organize its actions to achieve those goals. Different people may take on different roles. One person may be responsible for contacting the media about the movement and its mission. Another might reach out to political leaders and ask for their support. Someone else may possess experience in fundraising to ensure that the movement will have money to do its work. Informing the public is one of the biggest challenges for a grassroots movement. Therefore, some members may write ads, articles, or leaflets, or speak to citizens' groups and school groups.A Time of Choices As the world develops further, more issues arise, such as recycling electronic goods, and new grassroots groups arise to address those issues. In addition, demands on the average person's time and attention increase. Citizens have to decide among many causes and charities to support. Should they spend their time raising money to help family farms? Should they write letters in favor of a lower speed limit? Dozens of such causes cry out for support. For that reason, successful grassroots movements keep their goals clear and specific. They ask people to participate in activities that don't occupy too much time, fit into people's busy schedules, and can achieve visible results.The Results Do grassroots actions really work? Can they succeed even though ordinary citizens don't usually have a lot of money for ads and materials, and public officials and wealthy businesses can exercise more power than the average individual? The answer is clearly, yes! Consider an example from the United States. The civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s was a grassroots movement that brought millions of people together to produce major change. In many cases, movements to protect nature have also been effective. So have movements that try to end harmful behavior, such as littering.Grassroots movements run deep into the roots of society, just as roots of grass run deep into the soil. Healthy roots make healthy grass
Read 104 times
1 Reply