s
a
t
i
r
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
Does anybody here now how the 3 Middle Peduncles go to all 3.  Cerebellum Lobes on the Left and Right side to give a path for both Hemispheres to talk to the Pons?
Woo
wrote...
A year ago
The member who posted earlier is right, the middle peduncles of the cerebellum does not split to the cerebellar hemispheres. The middle peduncles are part of the cerebellar peduncles, which are a set of three bundles of nerve fibers that connect the cerebellum to the rest of the brainstem. The middle cerebellar peduncles connect the cerebellum to the pons, a part of the brainstem that lies just above the medulla oblongata. These fibers carry information from the cerebral cortex to the cerebellum, providing the cerebellum with input about motor commands that are about to be executed. The cerebellum then processes this information and sends feedback to the cerebral cortex to refine and adjust the motor commands as needed.
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, biferi
Let me ask this?

The 3. Inferior peduncles coming from the Medulla go to the cerebellum Flocculonodular Lobe.

The cerebellum Flocculonodular Lobe has 2. Lobes Right?

How does all 3. Inferior peduncles go to just 2. cerebellum Flocculonodular Lobes?
Post Merge: A year ago

How can I find out this?

I know the Middle Peduncles go from the Pons to the Cerebellum.

I know the Inferior Peduncles go from the Medulla to the Cerebellum.

If the Middle Peduncles just have 3. fibers and the Inferior Peduncles just have 3. fibers how does each pair go to all 3. Cerebellum Lobes on each side?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
The cerebellum Flocculonodular Lobe has 2. Lobes Right?

It consists of two parts: the flocculus and the nodulus, but they're not lobes. The Inferior peduncles connect to the flocculonodular lobe of the cerebellum at its lowermost part.

Before I can answer further, let's make sure we're clear on this first...
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
I think I understand the Flocculonodular Lobe is 1. big Lobe Right?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Yes, it's nonsegmented
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
Ok this I understand.

Now just talking about the Middle Peduncles .
They are 3. Fibers that go from the Pons to the cerebellum.

Witch of the 3. cerebellum Lobes do these go to?
wrote...
Staff Member
A year ago
Now just talking about the Middle Peduncles . They are 3. Fibers that go from the Pons to the cerebellum. Witch of the 3. cerebellum Lobes do these go to?

I'm not understanding this question. Who says that there are exactly three fibers that go from the Pons to the cerebellum? This is very confusing...
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
I Watched a Video a long time ago that says the Peduncles are pairs of 3. fibers.

So let me see if I have this Right.

There is just 3. Cerebellum Peduncles and they all come from the Cerebellum.

One Peduncle goes to the Midbrain.
One goes to the Pons.
One goes to the Medulla.

Do I have this Right now before I go on?

Thanks for the help.
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Do I have this Right now before I go on?

Correct Slight Smile
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
Now the Middle Peduncle goes to the Pons but what Cerebellum Lobe does it come from?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
I'll be a little more specific

The middle cerebellar peduncle connects the cerebellum to the pons. Specifically, it connects the pons to the cerebellum, with fibres originating from the pontine nucleus and travelling to the opposite hemisphere of the cerebellar cortex.

An illustration is here: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=37660
Source  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_cerebellar_peduncle#:~:text=The%20middle%20cerebellar%20peduncle%20(brachium,hemisphere%20of%20the%20cerebellar%20cortex.
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
The Photo you posted does show all the parts of the Brain.

I think I have this now?

Just the middle peduncle go from the Pons and split off into every part of the Cerebellum.

Is just this Right?
Anonymous
wrote...
11 months ago
Just the middle peduncle go from the Pons and split off into every part of the Cerebellum.

TRUE Slight Smile

The fibers of the middle cerebellar peduncle split off into every part of the cerebellum, providing a major pathway for communication between the cerebellum and the rest of the brain.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1325 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4