× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
biferi biferi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A year ago
I know the Cerebellum has 3. Lobes.

I wanted to ask the 3. Superior Peduncles that come from the Midbrain do they go to all 3 Cerebellum Lobes?

Also Does the 3. Middle Peduncles that come from the Pons go to all 3. Cerebellum Lobes?

Also does the 3. Inferior Peduncles that come from the Medulla go to all 3. Cerebellum Lobes?
Read 552 times
32 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
A year ago
Hi biferi

All afferent and efferent fibers of the cerebellum pass through the three peduncles (and the pons) to the other levels of the nervous system.

The superior cerebellar peduncle is a paired structure of white matter that connects the cerebellum to the mid-brain. The middle cerebellar peduncle connects the transverse fibers of the pons with the cerebellum, which is entirely afferent to the cerebellum.
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, biferi
I am sorry I should have asked this way to keep it easy for me to understand?

The Middle Peduncles go from the Pons to what Cerebellum Lobe?
Post Merge: A year ago

Anybody?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
The middle cerebellar peduncle connects the transverse fibers of the pons with the cerebellum
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
You say the middle cerebellar peduncle connects the transverse fibers of the pons with the cerebellum.

I think I understand a little more please tell me if I have this Right?

The middle cerebellar peduncle going to the Pons do they have in them the Inferior peduncle that go the Medulla?
wrote...
A year ago
No, the middle cerebellar peduncles and the inferior cerebellar peduncles are two separate structures of the cerebellum and brainstem that serve different functions.

The middle cerebellar peduncles are a pair of thick bundles of nerve fibers that connect the cerebellum to the pons in the brainstem. They are located on the lateral aspect of the brainstem and serve as the main input pathway to the cerebellum from the cerebral cortex. On the other hand, the inferior cerebellar peduncles are also a pair of thick bundles of nerve fibers, but they connect the cerebellum to the medulla oblongata in the brainstem. They are located on the posterior aspect of the brainstem and serve as the main input pathway to the cerebellum from the spinal cord, vestibular nuclei, and other brainstem structures. Thus, the middle cerebellar peduncle and the inferior cerebellar peduncle are distinct structures that do not contain each other.
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, biferi
Well when you say the Inferior Peduncles go from the Medulla to the Cerebellum I get this.

The Cerebellum is made of 3. Lobes so when you say the Inferior Peduncles go to the Cerebellum I keep thinking witch Lobe?

Or what am I missing?
Post Merge: A year ago

I think I am getting a little closer to understanding?

The 3. Inferior Peduncles go from the Medulla to the Cerebellum Flocculonoduar Lobe.

This gives a path for the Cerebellum Flocculonoduar Lobe to the Spinal Cord.

Do I have just this part Right?
wrote...
A year ago
The Cerebellum is made of 3. Lobes so when you say the Inferior Peduncles go to the Cerebellum I keep thinking witch Lobe?

Specifically, the Inferior Peduncles connect to the flocculonodular lobe, which is the most inferior part of the cerebellum and is involved in balance and eye movements.
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
Does the paths from flocculonodular lobe going to the Spinal Cord?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago Edited: 11 months ago
Yes, it is connected to the spinal cord. The flocculonodular lobe receives input from the vestibular system. Its output projects through the inferior cerebellar peduncle to the vestibular nuclei, which in turn send fibers to the spinal cord to control balance and posture. Thus, the pathways from the flocculonodular lobe to the spinal cord are part of the vestibulospinal tract.,
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
Am I Right the Middle Peduncles going to the Pons give a Pathway for the Right and Left  Cerebellum Lobes Hemisphere to talk togather?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Am I Right the Middle Peduncles going to the Pons give a Pathway for the Right and Left Cerebellum Lobes Hemisphere to talk togather?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, that's correct 👍
biferi Author
wrote...
A year ago
So because the Cerebellum has 3. Lobes on the Left and Right side I understand this is 2. Hemispheres.

I understand the Middle Peduncles going to the Pons give a Pathway for the Right and Left  Cerebellum Lobes Hemisphere to talk togather.

Because the Middle Peduncles are just 3. does each on split into 2. so it can go to both the Right and Left  Cerebellum Lobes Hemispheres?
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
Because the Middle Peduncles are just 3. does each on split into 2. so it can go to both the Right and Left  Cerebellum Lobes Hemispheres?

That I am not 100% sure of this, but I am more certain that the answer is NO, it does not split.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1306 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586