s
a
t
i
r
wrote...
Educator
11 months ago
Boiling water is not effective for removing all types of contaminants, particularly those with higher boiling points or that do not evaporate easily
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
11 months ago
If You "evaporate" the bacteria by boiling or "blast" it by uvc radiation [1][1] then the rest of residues can be drained by some clean cloth, the problem is will be able to start fire anywhere anytime or have electricity and/or batteries at hand, and if You think about it having air humidity collector its maybe most safest way for clean water harvest [2]-[2] the question is how would manage eventual air'nano'particles for what potential future solution are mxene filters ~ but till then ~ for water treatment its better to have monovalent chlorine around (or knowhow to derive it easily) and normally correct use of it, and however looks to someone as potential risk for personal use the same can be evaded if its known that chlorine can be Inactivation by citric acid thus consequently less danger for the organism [3] tho be careful how You get the Citric Acid or check whether have intolerance [3][3] plus there is eventual bonus from this approach [3]

So there are various ways how to purify water the question whether the same process will be enough effective for larger group or how easily can be reestablished in case of failure!?, thus now in time investment in artesian well is most useful thing if have already secured rural "residence"!, somehow interesting thing could be ozonated water [4][4] altho some say it can be risk too [5][4]

Let me know if have other ideas at hand, and maybe its better to open new ontopic thread!?, probably in the Subforum for Health, Nutrition, and Food Sciences ...
wrote...
Educator
11 months ago
I want to discuss methods to purifying water without using chemicals, such as chlorine. Methods that our ancestors have used, which can be applied if a catastrophe were to occur where the water was no longer drinkable due to inorganic contaminants. For example, the Ohio train derailment fiasco that occurred earlier this year in East Palestine lead to release of countless chemicals that instantly killed all the wildlife that came in contact with the water. Question is, how can we clean this water without having to depend on more chemicals (or if safe chemicals become scarce)?
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
11 months ago
Hm, not aware of any ancient method except maybe Charcoal purification in cooking, but such filtration not sure how effectively will remove chemical contamination!?
wrote...
Staff Member
11 months ago
Hm, not aware of any ancient method except maybe Charcoal purification in cooking, but such filtration not sure how effectively will remove chemical contamination!?

Likely because ancient methods didn't have to deal with concentrate toxic synthetic chemicals! We're now dealing with a whole different setting compared to what our ancestors dealt with👎
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
11 months ago Edited: 11 months ago, Odiseizam
Could be Charcoal adapted for the modern environment like rudimentary water filter, surely, the question is which substances will be filtered if not activated [1] at least I cant find detailed comparison chart, hm wonder what can substitute argon and nitrogen like raw natural resource for making activated charcoal in wilderness ~ however complicated would look that if precise process of production is needed [2][2] at least its somehow doable diy thing [3][3] anyway its useful as first and last filter barrier in whatever lowtech or hitech filtration treatment of drinking water [2][2][3]
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
Think this lowetech knowhow above however useful still cant resolve the water scarcity when large population is thrown in the equation, so ideally it would be useful to be directed extra energy in mxene research so would be finally brought cheap and easy desalination of sea water [1][1][1] but probably the awareness among scientists about this possibility is not so wide popularized so we would came even to greater hype so more funding would end up in such mxene filtration studies ...

Actually this would be also lowtech but modern approach, yet to someone probably such cheap desalination tech dont look lucrative as cost benefit funding so philanthropists would prefer to skip it, actually if as resource water like this is widely accessible then the opportunity for future geopolitical control above others will evaporate!, guess if Africa has free and in abundance desalinated sea water pipelines crisscrossing the continent like that the same will get only by Agrarianism selfsustainable!, but like that far expensive even there is not some exponentiation hightech economic growth, simply the rise of quality of life in Africa will risen the prices of mineral resources too, and that guess is issue for the indebted beyond logic euroatlantic realm!, hm wonder if for so long there was fearmongering about water scarcity and now at hand potential mxene risk management why noone is ringing the bell loud!?, still such membranes should pass specific ecological and biological quality controls for safety as standardization but how fast such momentum to be reached if this topic is kept in silent mode!?

https://www.allianzgi.com/nl-nl/insights/outlook-and-commentary/liquid-capital-water-crisis
Anonymous
wrote...
11 months ago
guess if Africa has free and in abundance desalinated sea water pipelines crisscrossing the continent like that the same will get only by Agrarianism selfsustainable!

👍 I was thinking the same thing!

simply the rise of quality of life in Africa will risen the prices of mineral resources too, and that guess is issue for the indebted beyond logic euroatlantic realm!,

Agreed here too, can't have that happen, especially not when the West keeps growing the immigrants each year. People here would go nuts if their cost of living increased. Once you get a sense of the good life, it's hard to let it go.

hm wonder if for so long there was fearmongering about water scarcity and now at hand potential mxene risk management why noone is ringing the bell loud!?

Fear mongering is true; the true challenge will come if a natural catastrophe occurs (major volcano that pollutes every ecosystem) or a nuclear war breaks out. Then you'll see peoples true attitudes towards drinking water. During times of crisis, people's priorities often shift, and the struggle for basic survival becomes paramount. In such circumstances, the value of clean drinking water becomes glaringly apparent, and the lengths to which people would go to secure it could reveal the best and worst of human nature. Communities may need to come together, pooling resources and expertise to ensure the availability of safe water sources and developing innovative solutions for purification and distribution.
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
Hm, there is already huge issues with artesian well pollution by fracking, but ontopic alarming its still kept low ... Think that risk management studies or overview like in the last link of my previous post (when safe drinking water is in question) should always account variable like shalegas fracking which is probably the prime reason for pollution of artesian wells beyond any other industry impact, and altho I assume this think indeed that is case coz per'se no other industry has such vast deep and wide area for exploitation, eventually mining by chemical filtration bears the same risks but if its done cross comparison study I am certain fracking will prove as far more dread pollution factor, and not just coz the used chemicals but metals too which tho also can be loosed from the pressurized rocks too in the course of gas extraction [1][1] and maybe there is some innovation around filtration [2] yet if there is not extra will for final resolving of the CH4 leakage in pipe valves which would motivation coz profit [3][3][3] then how much less interest will be around the extracted water filtration!?, also even EPA wanted to impose some harsh regulation simply coz now energy independence of usA depends on fracking that would be shot in the foot if not head knowing how the economic crisis is just ballooning, so even on short run there will be huge problem for natural clean water in usA (and whereever fracking is trending around the World), tho elites probably dont care in hope Canada will cushion eventual scarcity, altho the pressure on the communities will be enormous and unless there is not released some cheap water replicator and/or cheap desalinization of the sea water most probably there will be indeed huge unrests for clean drinkable water in the decades ahead, tho even sea water is in question how accessible would be due to deteriorated nuclear plants around the world which if eventual sea level rise becomes reality the is huge risk it will contaminate the seas [4] but lets hope ecologists are alarming and pressuring authorities around the world about these risks at least to bring effective risk management for any case scenario, what tho think is absent or tackled as chapter in spatial planning projects instead full blown monitoring and preparedness as in case of "global warming hype"!, So having idea in time that clean water will be issue All need to focus as resource to be secured, dont be selfish think about the future generations even now!, or maybe euroatlantic determinists hope Mankind will shift in "their" homosilicone utopia so water will be no more prime issue thus no need for loud alarming and proactive debate!?, hm did Greenpeace ever got concerned about these risks?, maybe on level of blogging pr alike [5]
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
11 months ago
Simply WOW ... such simple DIY rig for clay and sandy soil well drilling its worth even for doing it from fun, what about if in need, whether coz enjoy frugality as lifestyle, also ideal method if poverty hits under the hood, or simply Your Safe House is wilderness hut ... The Man says goes up until 80 meters [1][1][1]

https://www.wot.utwente.nl/publications/drawings_rotary_jetting_swiffel.pdf

Odiseizam Author
wrote...
10 months ago
Can someone confirm or refute this biochemical info about sodium and the circadian rhythm [1] but per'se in context of the next video claim that its useful for morning routine to add pinch of salt in the first glass of water!?, I am aware about the citric acid benefit as such routine, but salt, hm, also as I am aware continual use of lemonade as morning routine has risks i.e. the body needs regular pauses week after week, but salt if true is it useful as continual!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ZV1zL_kZM

Interesting points that are indirectly useful mids economic crisis, altho I would "activate" eventually the water by magnetic structuring [[2][[2] or even better by Prayers [3] through bioresonant means [4] but by laser hm maybe if bouncing on some cheerful frequency [5] if at all like that could be "activate" by laser our drinking water, this activate probably is understood like the organism have greater benefit somehow by water with compact or realigned crystal lattice [6][6] altho I dont see extra effect like this to the organism if the same is exposed on constant stress whether triggered from eg. own fears [7] or induced one [8] so calming by Prayers and Good Vibes is better option even physiologically coz like that is loosen any eventual tension which also indirectly affects the cardiovascular system [9][9] tho what could be also boosted naturally by CBD intake [10] or exercise [11] yet again Prayerful Lifestyle harness calmness for free so invest some weekly if not daily will for Chanting [12][13][3] ideally Praying while Gardening it will bring Joy instantly so at least find space for daily routine of flowerscaping Your terrace if not backyard [13] and for sure You will evade risks from apathy if not else mids whatever economical crisis ahead ... hm, maybe hiking among wild flowers is option too altho not all are fit for circadian cycling in wilderness, or even they were the plateaus around are of desert biom, hm there probably paragliding or ballooning will be good compensation Slight Smile

Anonymous
wrote...
10 months ago
Can someone confirm or refute this biochemical info about sodium and the circadian rhythm [1] but per'se in context of the next video claim that its useful for morning routine to add pinch of salt in the first glass of water!?, I am aware about the citric acid benefit as such routine, but salt, hm, also as I am aware continual use of lemonade as morning routine has risks i.e. the body needs regular pauses week after week, but salt if true is it useful as continual!?

Without having watched the video, my initial instinct is that it is unnecessary, since salt is a major component of most prepared foods. In fact, sodium mineral is so ubiquitous, you will find it in nearly everything you eat, including raw vegetables and fruits. In terms of what we know in relation to circadian rhythm, studies have shown that the circadian clock in certain cells, such as those in the kidney, can influence sodium handling and excretion, which implies that sodium levels in the body may exhibit circadian variations. In addition, individuals who work night shifts or have irregular sleep patterns may experience alterations in sodium balance. None of this evidence is conclusive enough to suggest a pure one-to-one correlation between the electrolyte and circadian rhythm, hence I would take the information in the video with a grain of salt Wink Face
Odiseizam Author
wrote...
10 months ago
The first footnote and the video claim align as probability, and it shouldnt hurt to be tried as routine, yet again its question what is the beneficial duration for those who dont watch over the salt intake in food, as could be seen from some comments retention of water in body is issue to be considered [1] ~ "Firstly Lastly 10 days ago - Be careful.  I drank too much salty water and my ankles got swollen for excess sodium. Watch your foot for swollenness." but also disbalance between Na and K can fireback [2] "Anna G - 3 days ago
Note, salt depletes potassium more than the amount of sodium you have. You need to top up with more potassium than salt
" So hypertension could be risk if one is not careful, tho some say it could be evaded by right breathing [3][3] practically if the routine in the morning is bit salted glass of water and after half hour one banana then it should be balanced the level of Sodium and Kalium!, still I'll advise everyone consult with Your doctor before starting any diet routine!, Eh it would had have been ideally if in every Clinic was mandatory presence of Professional Nutritionist coz per'se most of the health issues are directly or indirectly tied to the diet ...

Anyway I've throw the question coz if indeed if like that is regulated easily the circadian rhythm then that is more than useful info, altho too much salt disrupts it [4] hm tricky to level it!,  also extra salt can mess up with memory [5][5] but too little salt and the same flashback appears some say [6] so again balance should be norm!

Another interesting regulation of the circadian cycle could be achieved by CBD [7] but cant understand why so little is invested usA and eU state funds on its research overall for various benefits [7] also as probability mids economic crisis this would be more reachable flower then the banana fruit Slight Smile

wrote...
Staff Member
10 months ago
While sort of related, whenever I consume foods containing monosodium glutamate (essentially another source of sodium), I have a hard time falling asleep. It could be that it is due to the sodium affecting my circadian rhythm?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1325 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352