F
a
u
o
GavinTwee10 GavinTwee10
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
12 years ago
Ok guys I'm sorry I'm putting multiple questions in a thread but I'm panicking. I thought i could get this HW done quick but I'm having a lot of trouble. Any help will be great, thanks guys.

A current of 5.28 A flows in a circular conducting loop of radius 0.558 m. There is a magnetic field present whose direction is perpendicular to the plane of the loop, and whose magnitude is 3.29*10^(-3) T. Find the magnitude of the force on a segment of the loop which connects two points 1 and 2 on the circular loop subtending an 9.73 degree arc of the circle. Hint: The force is the same as that on a straight wire connecting the same two points on the circle.

Question 12

A "very long" solenoid with 702 turns and length 28.2 cm carries a current of 6.59 A. Find the magnitude of the magnetic field B at the center of the solenoid.

Question 13

In the diagram below, a conducting rod is moving to the right at 35.7 cm/s, the rails are separated by 23.3 cm, and R has value 24.2 Ohms. If the magnetic field shown pointing into the page has a uniform strength of 0.739 T, find the magnitude of the current which is induced in R.

Question 14

Find the inductance L of a long solenoid of length 15 cm, and radius 2 cm, which has 100 turns. (Express you answer in units of H for henrys).

Question 15
Inside a very long solenoid of radius 13.67 cm, the magnetic field is decreasing at the rate of 0.0159 T/s. A circular conducting loop of radius R has its center on the axis of the solenoid and its plane perpendicular to that axis. What is the magnitude of the induced emf if R=4.79 cm

Question 16
Inside a very long solenoid of radius 10.03 cm, the magnetic field is decreasing at the rate of 0.0239 T/s. A circular conducting loop of radius R has its center on the axis of the solenoid and its plane perpendicular to that axis. What is the magnitude of the induced emf if R=17.8 cm
Read 654 times
1 Reply